TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a TOR done in June this year my knee is still swollen I use ice to help I do exercises that I was given it feels very numb on the scar it is sore and tight it hurts when I bend my knee how long does this last for.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Carol, It is early days yet, recovery can take several months. I have had a couple of TKR, keep up with the exercises and rest also. All what you describe can take sometime to heal properly. By the time you have your follow up appointment with the consultant things should have improved quite a bit. 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth. 

Thank you for replying to me I have had my follow up and they said it does take time.

im having my left knee done next year all being well he said he would do it.

• Posted

Hi Carol, Try to not stress about your knee. Mine took me a good couple of years to come 'good' Try to do the exercises as much as told. It will hurt. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel..lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.