TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 10 weeks today, . Yesterday my leg has become really painful , I have had to go back onto strong pain killers again. Can anyone help please, I had a quite day, I kept elevated , ice. yesterday, I was busy sunday. I feel as if i gone right backwards.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Think you've answered your own post ? done too much Sunday? Back to basics for you. It happened to me regularly always when I thought I was healed more than I was 11 month TKR and I still ice morning and night and yes I have days when I do too much. Keep the faith pamper yourself have a glass of wine or chocolates. Tomorrow's another day a wee hug sent 💖💖💖

• Posted

"...I was busy Sunday..."  You just overworked the knee and paid the price.  We all do this at least once.  Learn the lesson.  Get a pedometer and track your steps.  Once you start doing that and charting them, you'll see the gradual increase.  If it ever happens again, note the steps, back off and resume gradually.

I did 8,200+ steps at five weeks and got "Balloon Knee"...three days in bed.  Once I learned my lesson, I increased to 11,000+ steps (5 miles) by the end of the 8th month without another incident.  Pedometer...track...chart...learn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.