TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI please any advice!!! I am 10 weeks post op, my.knee has become increasingly painfull over the last few days, my knee is also locking st night , to move my.leg when it locks is very painful. I.have also.brought an exercise bike but there is no way i.can use it as my knee locks ANY ADVICE PLEASE. I feel as if I am going backwards. I am feeling really down about it a few tears have been shed. I am determined to get this leg right

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you seeing a physiotherapist at the moment? They may be good for a first port of call?

If not, I think I would personally contact my GP and seek a professional opinion.

It is wise to always please bear the limitations of a forum in mind! As stated on this forum:

"We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. "

This is a great forum but all we have is our personal experience so it's very limited in that way. Someone else might have a similar experience they can share and a perspective, but if you are worried the best thing to do is seek a thorough investigation and consult with a professional.

• Posted

Advances, setbacks, plateaus...all part of the process.  Talk to your PT about the locking.  It will resolve but you may need more help especially if a piece of scar tissue broke away and is interfering with your bend.  The pros have to make a decision on that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.