tkr and exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

has any one had to go to a knee class/group , i went to a group phyiso at the hospital , every one took it in terns ,with all different exercises all in the same room , we all did 3 mins on each one with seeing the phyiso ai one stop ,i enjoyed the group as it was great to talk to others in the same boat . also our local swimming pool do a group in the small pool where the temp is turned up and you can do your own exercise or there are trained people to show you what to do , these two classes i found great even if it was just to swop questions etc with others .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm due to go to one in 3 weeks after my pre op assessment. First a group one followed by a one to one with a physio. Was told there was a 9 month wait for my op but it seems that's the maximum and mine is being done sooner. Very nervous now.
  • Posted

I went to an 8 week advanced re hab course at my hospital earlier in the year which was attended by people with various problems. We also went in the pool and did group exercises in there. I found it really good and hope to get referred on it again now that I've had my op done. How long ago did you have your op? I am only 10 days post op but am desperate to see signs of improvement. I had great difficulty in getting comfortable in bed last night. I'm doing the exercises religiously and trying to move about regularly. Cut down to less strong co codamol yesterday 
    • Posted

sounds like your doing well ,10 days is early days , and to cut down your meds is really good , im 4 and a half months post op and having ny other knee done on monday ,i loved the pool although i didnt use it post op just the normal swimming pool ,when i go to bed i used a pillow long ways down my leg , keep it up and you will see changes , good luck 
  • Posted

I don't know that we have one here , but maybe . The swimming pool sounds a great idea 
  • Posted

Sorry, had to send last comments before I 'd finished - hoping it'll be less painful today. I suppose it's early days yet but am just wondering when things started to improve for you? When did you go down to one crutch? No crutch? Keep up with your group class. It sounds good. 

Jen

• Posted

I use one crutch around the house . We were told  not to be in a hurry to lose the crutches . They want you to walk perfectly straight first , not limp because you have one or no crutch . It makes sense 
    • Posted

think i was down to one after about 2 weeks , then i found that i could wonder around without in the house , and it all happened from there on , i still have pain and stiffnes but see things change from day to day , but my other knee is not helping at all .x 
    • Posted

hi pam , how far are you on , i find some things strange ,i was told that after a week that i should start to lose the sticks ,, reading all these things on here , so decided to read all the advice on here and work it out for myself on how i felt ,and what i found to be comfey for me , strange how things change from area to area ,and yes to keep the sticks for longer makes sence , thanks ,x
  • Posted

i am still going to  one, only 2 clases left, I enjoy it for the same reason as you Debbie. Unfortunately we have not got swimming pool. 

i am really gland I joined this webside, I am worrying less, knowing that other people go throught the same as I went.I

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.