TKR in may 2016 in so much pain in front on knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

TKR in may 2016 in so much pain in front on knee

Go to sleep and wake up in so much pain !!

At The looked in side 2 weeks ago as though it was infected took byopsys it was not .

Now having a pre op tomorrow for a knee cap replacement why don't they do this with a TKR.

Any one had one after a TKR.

It just seams to be going on for ever

I wish I never had it done 😭

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are going through this! When I had my TKR in August, he replaced ALL my parts, I thought that is what a TKR was? Maybe your surgeon thought yours wasn't that bad? Hope this resolves your pain issues and sorry you have to go through another surgery! Take care,

Michelle

• Posted

My surgeon don't believe in doing kneecaps I don't understand why they did not

• Posted

Oh dear how horrible for you! My surgeon also put my own patella back, at 9 weeks so far so good. I'm glad to say.

Are you in UK? I wonder if it's what they do here if no obvious sign of disease.

I hope they sort it out for you asap

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hello, I'm in Hertfordshire.

No matter what, I still think we are extremely fortunate to be able to have the NHS care for us.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi Figaro

This must be a common thing the surgeon who did my tkr is supposed to be one of the best but i still have my own knee cap or so im told mine was done in September i still get a little pain and swelling if i over do it but so far so good i hope you get it sorted soon it cant be nice when you think its all been done

good luck .

• Posted

Where did you have your op was it local.
  • Posted

Had my TKR in May this year and still have problems. Knee still won't bend getting about 75-80 degrees for flex extension is almost there. Still have swelling and knee is warm to the touch. My foot points out to the side when I walk and the pain has been getting worse by the day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.