Tkr nearly 8 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had a good day today. I spent the day at my friend's house. It was her day off from work so she obviously had to go out, things to do. I went with her apart from giving the dog a run. Late afternoon my knee was swollen more than normal, my jeans were tight around that area. Is this ok and to be expected? I think one day I'm getting on good then the next I'm two steps back

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How the hell are you meant to know if all the pain and clicking is normal if you've not seen one person since you left the hospital two days after the op?

• Posted

The picture says it all...

Advances, setbacks and plateaus (the worst)...all normal.  Simply put, you pushed the knee too far today.  So it bit you back by swelling up, getting hot and hurting...the dreaded "balloon effect".  I did 8,200+ steps one day 5 weeks post-op.  Same thing.  Everyone goes through it at least once.  Then you put a pedometer on your wrist and start tracking your steps, increasing gradually.  By 8 months, I was doing 11,000+ (5 miles) with no adverse effects.  This should only happen to you ONCE!!!  Learn the lesson...listen to your knee.

• Posted

Louise I overdid it yesterday. I drove to the health club and used the jacuzzi which was great. I took the dog out and walked around a field, and then went to a colleagues leaving do we just met up at a pub and had a meal. I was sat there for about 3 hours but my knee became very painful when I looked at it it had become really swollen. So it's a quiet day today, I'm still going to go to the health club to use that jacuzzi X 

• Posted

Louise, this is the forum to answer your doubts. Without the generous, experienced advice l have  been given here, l would be feeling much less frustrated and patient than l am now. Best wishes 
  • Posted

Have you got any lose soft jogging bottoms you could wear? Swelling is normal. I just got into my jeans for the first time around 6 months post op! Didn't like the feeling of tighter clothes on my knee. Leggings or joggers are good.

• Posted

I wear shorts most of the time, starting to get a bit chilly out though 😂

• Posted

Thanks everyone, it's good to get a rant and realise we're all the same. Taking it easy today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.