Tkr Nov 3rd 2015

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I've posted some on here but not for awhile. As you can see in the title subject I had my tkr on Nov 3rd, 2015, that was my left knee. I was back at work on January 26th. I drive a semi truck. On may 1st I broke my fibula on my left leg by having my truck door slammed onto my leg from the wind. I was off work for 6 wks and went back to get an automatic truck and things have gone steadily worse since then. The doctor that did my surgery is no longer doing knee replacements and won't see me for any follow up appointments. I can barely walk, have dug out my brace and cane and have been taking ibuprofen for pain and using the heat and ice quite often.

I see a new doc today and hoping he can help me. So tired of being in pain and not being able to walk

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you checked out the ortho groups that service all of your local professional and college sports teams?  I'd start there if this one doesn't work out...

• Posted

Went to new doc today but all he was concerned with was scheduling the right knee to be replaced. Told me he thinks the left knee has something loose in n it but it should h old in order for him to do the right knee. I left his office out 35.00 and no relirf..
  • Posted

Oh my...bless your heart...thats aweful.I can understand not having the same dr. For your ortho work because he doesnt do it anymore..So sorry for the bad situation with your leg.I hope your new dr. will help you and be an even better dr. for you mentally and physically.I had one knee replacement last year as well and then wanted my other knee done the nxt. year by same dr. and he stopped taking my insurance so I had to find a dr.that took my insurance and had to drive 3 hrs .to my apt. Andstert over with all new xrays and paperwork......oh well not fond of change but unfortunatly thats life.Got second tkr.in aug. This year and recovering.hope you have a happier ending to your journey back to walking health .prayers of much favor and happiness over you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.