Tkr pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a total knee replacement 1 1/2 years ago. I can't bend and straighten my leg but can not pivot, lean from side to side, bare weight or Lucy my leg sideways without stabbing pain on outer side of knee. My doctor wants to do a arthroscopic surgery. Fires anyone have these issues??? What could it be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry auto correct. I can bend and straighten my leg but none of the other issues I commented on.
  • Posted

Did he say what he hopes to accomplish or what he thinks might be wrong. If it's in the joint itself an X Ray should define the problem. My guess is he thinks something has healded wrong and he wants to try and unlock it but needs to actually look and see what's wrong as he can't use an MRI . a scope is usually a quick heal unless he has to cut and sew, then it takes a while
    • Posted

He said something about a tendon and I was so upset I honestly went blank. This would be my third surgery. I hope I will not be out of work long
    • Posted

It might be something that will just get worse if you don't get it repaired. I know what you mean about multiple surgeries.....I've had 11 on my leg/knee
    • Posted

Oh my! I never experienced so much pain in my life. I don't think I could the that many surgeries. Hopefully 11 is your lucky number and you will not need any more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.