TKR POSITIVE POSTS

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi All

I love this forum. Very informative.

I am having a TKR in February in UK , and it would be great to receive some nice positive posts on here. I read most of the posts and its quite frightening, in so much that I am thinking will I be better off with the pain I have now, or a new knee ? 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had similar reservations about the knee surgery but eight weeks postnop, I can see that it will have been worth the pain and difficulty of recovery. My recovery has been fairly good but I have had periods of pain, constipation from the meds, and sleeplessness. The advice and support from this forum

has been invaluable. Be patient, trust things will improve, do your exercises, take your meds, listen to your body. I am walking better than I have in years already. Now for stairs!

• Posted

Hi Hazel,

Well 10 days post op, and I am doing ok, ask me the same thing 3 days ago, would have said something quite different. I am in UK. I spend a lt of hours reading and researching and getting as much back ground as I could even looked up the consultant to see how many TKR he had done etc.

I rested up for 3 days after coming home to try to get over the exhausion. Then sheer determination kicked back in, tp the exercises, rest, the walk around the house, keep this patten. Shower every other day to start with, you will find this a struggle in its self. 

Nights are still my hardest time. Bust again back to routine if you can manage it. 

Make sure you are ready for sleep when you get into bed and most importantly take all the meds you are offered otherwise you will not be able to get the knee bending etc.Te med do make you a bit fuddled but better than the pain.

Get some Nature-Yard Cream With Arnica - For Bruises, Sprains, Strains, Pulled Muscles, Inflammation, Pain, Swelling, Stiffness, Rheumatism, Arthritis - 250 ml.

available on amazon and use it regualarly gets the brusing out super quick and will help reduce the swelling. Used ice for first 8 days and now swaped to Wheat Herbal Heat Pack, not on the knee  of course, just on the aching thigh muscles.

Hope this helps, will update in another couple of weeks and see how I am progressing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.