TKR Referral

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've seen my GP tonight he is going to refer me for. TKR he says need to have an up to date x ray then to come back to fill out paper work GP said better to do it sooner than later whilst operation still available on NHS said won't be available within the next 5. Years. Anyone any idea of waiting lists on Wirral NHS?

0 Reply

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi dont know what of uk you live in but attached to goodmays hosital in barley lane in essex they have a joint replacment section i think they dont have a very long waiting list may be worth checking out if you ars fairly local
    • Posted

sorry about the spelling i need to start wearing my glasses
    • Posted

Hi

My daughter is a lawyer for NHS and sorts contracts out. She said they have several waiting list initiatives in your area with private hospitals to carry out knee and hip replacements for NHS. Should you chose to attend one of these the consultant will give you a date on your first consultation which is usually only about 3 weeks.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

That's great thank you very much Jackie much appreciated fingers crossed I don't wait too long

Thanks. Debs

• Posted

hi but they may have a similar section up you way that can do a op on you worth checking out i waited 2 years for my first i did not know about the other hospital at the time
  • Posted

I waited 3 months from seeing consultant who agreed I neede a TKR until I had the op which was 5 month ago and it was a struggle but now feel great x
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie, I'm having X-ray Monday then back to GP on 14th to complete paperwork for referral, hopefully not too longer wait for appt. I had surgery for torn meniscus in February consultant Mr Stamer was reluctant to to it thou cos said 80% chance it wouldn't work and if it didn't I could need further surgery within 2. Years, hope to be referred to Mr Stamer again. How are you doing now Deb? Where did you have your operation?

Thanks

Debs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.