TKR Revision

Posted , 10 users are following.

I completed all of my labs, xrays, EKG, and consult  with my surgeon. All I'm waiting on is my primary physician to see me tomorrow to give final clearance for surgery on January 31st. I am having a revision done on my original TKR from July 12, 2016. The plastic piece between the prosthetic wasn't thick enough to tighten loose ligaments on the outside of my knee. They're going to go in and remove plastic, clean up and check prosthetic, then insert a new thicker piece of plastic. Yall pray for me a great recovery.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

What a pain to have to have this done!  Hope it works well, and that the post op period is not too bad!

• Posted

Praying all goes well and you have a speedy recovery and healing. God bless
  • Posted

Good luck to you. Sending you positive vibes and prayers!
  • Posted

Will pray for u Phil. Fast healing to you and recovery time as well.
  • Posted

Good luck Phil, we will all be thinking of you. Keep us up to date with your progress.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hey there, fellow revisionist-to-be here!! TKR #1 March 2015, TKR #2 Oct 2015, now #1 has to have a full Revision (both top and bottom components to be replaced) eek I havent got a date yet, but my Surgeon thinks early March - I had my final consult with him on Tuesday so now its a waiting game....

I wish you THE VERY BEST OF LUCK!! And pop back on here, after your surgery,when you can string a couple sentences together, to let us know how you got on. 

Thinking of you and crossing my fingers for good results all round!

• Posted

Hi Terri . . I'm sure I remember you from a couple of years ago . . my TKR was in January 2015, so not long before yours. so sorry to hear that yours has been such a disaster. . just hope that the revision will put things right. You must be really fed up with the situation!  Mine is fine. . but just as I started walking well with the knee, both ankles started to give out, and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix for that.  But nothing as bad as you are going through . . . Good luck and try to keep optimistic. . . 

• Posted

Hi Terri, I too had my Tkr March 2016.  Still having trouble w it. I'm scared to death that I might have to have a revision, but if need be maybe I'll have better results then first time around.  May I ask why u were a candidate for the revision. I'm waiting on test results from an mri of my lower back, n then will see.... "Step by step, slowly I/we turn or walk or something like that"😁😂. Best of luck and good health to you 🌬🌬🍀🍀🌈🌈👍 k. P. 

• Posted

oops I see u said March 2015, mine a year later then yours.  I truly wish u well n a SPEEDY recovery
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind words and wishes.

I've got to have a Revision due to Aseptic Premature Loosening of the tibial component - the Xrays and Bone Scans that I've had show deterioration/disintegration of the cement on the tibial plateau. 

I had an unremarkable recovery for the first few months and was happy with the knee, but I started to get a "new" kind of pain which got worse and worse, and sent me limping back to the hospital! Months and months of tests later, and here we are - yet another wait, but hopefully it wont be too long now. 

I hope you get good results from your MRI and that the knee settles down - I know when youre going through it, a few months seems like a lifetime but if it was March 2016 then its probably still got a bit of "settling in" to do. That being said, if you DO think theres a problem, make them listen - I knew many many months prior to my actual diagnosis that there was a BIG problem but its very hard to get them to take it seriously. 

Take care and thanks again for your response razz

• Posted

Hi there, yes I remember you from "back in the day" in early 2015. What a journey we've had, hey?! Sorry to hear that your ankles are feeling left out and shouting for attention, theres always somethng, isnt there? But at least you're happy with your knee, and I'm pleased about that for you. 

Thanks for your kind words, its nice to hear from one of the "old gang"....I see Cheryl and Old Fat Guy on here a bit (I lurk from time to time) but I guess I need to get to know the "newbieslol" - Ive a feeling Im going to be needing an awful lot of support over the next few months!

• Posted

really sorry to hear your troubles cry I hadn't been on here for ages because it suddenly stopped sending me reminders and I drifted off. . Nice to pop in now and again though!  Good luck with it. . . you have been so unlucky  . . . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.