Tkr, right leg. Knee still feels wobbly?

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 weeks post op. Went really well. I've done all the appropriate excercise, I have a bike, which I use every day. Got no pain, really pleased. But when I walk my knee will suddenly sort of wobble? Feels unstable, it doesn't hurt, and it's never given way, it just sort of pops round? So I avoid too much walking? Should I walk more, I think it's the muscles round the knee, does anyone else experience this? Should I be worried or is it still early days and I must keep on? Is there an exercise I should concentrate on to help strengthen this area? It's the left hand side of my knee that pops? Really disconcerting!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ask for x-ray to confirm device is ok. Then learn to walk in a new fashion. Keep walking if all ok. My left knee clicks and my right makes no sound and is perfect. Do quad exercises. Ask physio for exercise assistance if all ok with x-ray. Or use YouTube for exercise videos. Happy days.x
  • Posted

The popping is due to you having an artificial knee, it's quite normal, but it also sounds like you may have some muscle wastage.  Try strengethening your quads more.  An exercise that can also help is to lie on the bed with a pillow under the affected leg. Tense up the leg into the big toe and hold for 20 secs. Repeat 10 times.. Let's know how you go and keep up the great work!

• Posted

Keep up the exercises. Mine makes a clickedy clicking sound, but i quite like it. Still early days...sounds just like the prosthesis but if concerned seek a professional opinion, i.e. physiotherapist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.