Tmj

Posted , 3 users are following.

What symptoms do people get with tmj 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had terrible pain in my jaw, teeth, ear and up the side of my face which is even worse when sitting and lying down. I've been told it's TMJ and to eat soft foods, use heat and ice and take painkillers but nothing is working! I'm getting passed between the dentist and doctor and feel I'm not being given much help. I don't know what else to try - it's so sore at night I've hardly slept for about a month. 

• Posted

Has doctor gave u a mouth guard to try that did start to help me once pain went I stopped using it and now I get neck at the back pain don’t know if this is a symptom of tmj or not get only little discomfort on right side face only and sometimes my eyes ache 
    • Posted

My dentist suggested a mouth guard but I wasn't sure about it. Is it fiddly to put one in? Does it feel uncomfortable wearing it? I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep with something in my mouth in case I choked on it although I can't sleep just now for pain anyway so may I should try one.

• Posted

Feels strange at first but dentist do a mold so fits over your teeth and u can’t choke on it u do get used to it I sometimes use mine in the day to get used to it just make sure u store it in little bit of water so it don’t dry out and just clean it with toothpaste and brush it lightly to keep it clean hope this helps and good luck give it ago it helped with my pain let me know how u get on 😁

• Posted

And forgot to say I’m now used to mine I can  talk normal with it in and it’s clear so can’t really tell I’m wearing it don’t eat with it that might be a bit strange 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.