Tmj and gum tingling

Posted , 2 users are following.

does anyone get gum tingling when they eat? I have tmj i clench and im curious. I think my mouth just had it with my clenching. I, going for acuouncture saturday to see if they can help it but it seems weird. I dont think my maxilary surgeon knows what im talking about nor does my dentist. They keep saying clenching and muscle. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is it your gums tingling or your teeth?  If acutupuncture does you any good please post.  If all else fails see a neurologist.  My teeth have been hurting for 5 months and I have been going to different dentist and they can't see anything wrong.  Curious about the acutupuncture though.  Hope you get better.

• Posted

If you are experiencing other symptoms that may be related to TMJ disorder you should  see a trained neuromuscular dentist. They will be able to properly diagnose the cause whether it is related to the TMJ, from a damaged tooth or from infection.  
  • Posted

Ended up with a traditional chinese medicine MD and i have a maxillary surgeon but truth is the TCM MD is way better and i now do acuouncture, accuoressure and some heat thing and it feels better then ever. First time in a decade.who knew, what i learnt was tmj effects a lot more then i ever connected to it. Sinus, head, ears, jaw, gums and teeth. I yave a ways to go but at oeast on the road to recovery now,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.