To all off balance ladies

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all, can i just ask you all when your off balance, how does your off balanceness feel.

I feel like i want to tip forward when i stand for even a short time which makes me anxious if i'm out so it makes me feel worse.  my stomach feels upset and sometimes i feel i want to dash to the loo.  I've has this on and off since 2012 but recently its last daily since the last week in October.  I just wonder is this really to do with peri menopause?  hopefully i will get some replies to tell me your just like me.  I don't want to go to my GP cos he really has no interest in womens problems so i won't get anywhere with him but i do see a consultant at the hospital so i may have to ask her put that will be next year.  I appreciate any replies xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,anxiousface i used to ask myself this question many times,whether it was due to peri or not but after coming across this forum its amazing how many of us are getting this symptom so im pretty sure it is.I feel like im also tipping forwards almost like im in a drunken state,wish i was sometimes hahaha and your right it makes my anxiety sky high not a nice feeling at all😢.Its like a vicious circle for me i would get the off balance feeling so got more anxious then i would get the physical symptom of my body shaking and get near to anxiety attacks because i couldnt control my body shakes.The doctor did give me some beta blockers to stop the shakes happening and i do think they help but i only like to take them when im having a real bad time and have to go out on my own.Hope it eases some for you it is the most horrible feeling ever!!.

Take care xx

Debbie

• Posted

Hi anxiousface, I also feel very off balance,falling forward feeling,sometimes I feel fine,but if I stand for to long I get the feeling that I'm going to fall,it's very strange,I have a bit of trouble with my inner ear and at first I put it down to that,but I was speaking to my doctor and she said  this feeling is common in peri.i hope this helps ease your mind a little xx
  • Posted

Hi anxious face, I to am struggling with this exact sympton right now! I am 50 and in full throws of perimenopause.   My doc originally diagnosed as labrynthitis but I think not I think it's me 'hormones ' 🙄🙄🙄 sigh..... However like you I do feel as if I am falling forward (but don't) very strange sensation and it has been with me constantly for the last 5 months.  So now a visit to the ent consultant and a head and neck MRI (I fell and had a whiplash injury to my neck last June) just to rule out anything else.  I still think it's me hormones though 🙄🙄🙄🙄.  Just started on evorel sequi so will see what comes about.  Keep us informed.  It seems to be a regular occurrence for peri symptons but could I find any research articles related to such . None.   

Best wishes 

g

• Posted

I was supposed to start on evorel sequi today (am currently on evorel conti), but am told there is a manufacturing problem with them and after ringing 13 pharmacies with no success my consultant has told me to stay on evorel conti. I'm non too pleased as I've been suffering really bad anxiety attacks on the evorel conti so it looks like these will perhaps continue.

Would you please be kind enough to keep me posted as to how you go on with evorel sequi so that I have some idea what to expect if by any chance I eventually manage to go on them!  Don't you just love feeling this rubbish......NOT! A man wouldn't put up with any of it.....not for a day......never mind weeks, months, years! 

• Posted

How strange gookygal,I was diagnosed with Labythrinitis about 3 yrs ago !!! I'm so shocked,xxx
    • Posted

thank you so much gookgal,debbie and fudgeybear for your quick responses I'm so grateful and feel much better knowing we'r the same.  I'm trying my best to get use to feeling like this and can cope sometimes but others i get down about it and just want my old self back.  I think i'm feeling down about it more at this moment  cos I can't do christmas shopping like i use to and my sister invited me for a girlie weekend last week but i couldn't possible go, i feel i'm missing out so much and as my sister's 4yrs older than me and has not had a single symptom her periods just stopped over a year ago so she dosent understand what were going through. sorry moan moan.  anyway keep in touch all my off balance girlies you make me feel better x
  • Posted

When i feel off balance it makes me anxious and it makes me feel like i am going to pass out 
  • Posted

I'm always feeling off balanced..If I'm standing up and I close my eyes I literally have to hold on to something because I feel like I'm going to fall.

It makes my anxiety worse. sad

• Posted

i have notice when i get this way i get really bad i have one thing after another like this morning i got a pain in my boob then here comes the hot flash just weird it happens everytime i feel that pain in the boob i get very anxious thats when i feel like im gonna stand up and fall over i run into walls at times feeling off balance it happens many times a week praying it get better for all of us 
  • Posted

It gets better but i still have it once in a while. Much much vpbettre then it was for a couple of years while in oeri menapause and the year before menapause. It does balance iut i was told a couple of years after the menapause. Nature figures it iut. The off balance is very annoying as is the stuoid sweating and waking up drenched which had calmed down but every now and then creeps up. So i go tosleep cold and wake drenched. Its covers on and off all night. Haha. You have to laugh at it its just a crapy little segment in your life till it all passes. My sister whi is close to my age wiuld say you ow the drill..ride it theough and it stops..and it does. Very imortant to est really balanced and walk a lot or some kind if cardio to keep the bidy going. B12 helos. Sub lingual tablets, liquid or if you are in the usa they have injections. The worst of ir was the years leading up to the actual menapause because i had ni clue what was going on there apfor a bit and my husband keot telling me it was anxiety and that is how a man handles our hormones going bananas for a bit. My doctor was clueless as well and i never wanted any hormone replacements heard too many bad stories and felt id take the nature root of riding it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.