To fight or not to fight!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

just wondering how others fight there anxiety and depression??

this week I feel like I have completely unraveled and not unsure how to move forward with it.

unravelling for me was probably what I needed, I have started to up hill struggle to move forward. But I do I give myself time to heal??,  then fingers crossed it should start to come together. Am I being over cautious or just realistic.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Michelle,

I had this problem for around 2 years myself, but I was able to get past it. I'm going through a relapse now for the first time in close to 5 years, but I know that I can get past this with the help of past experience and my faith. Keep you head up and keep pushing, you can be happy again.

What you should do, in my opinion, is to remember how happy you were before this started. Remember that and strive for that feeling again. Anytime you have an episode, tell yourself that you could and should be happier. In the moments that you are happy, realize how happy you are and really embrace and cherish those moments. Remember the times when you were calm and not in a panic. Understand how good that felt, and remind yourself that the panic is just in your head. It cant hurt you, and you can beat this.

All the best.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi jp, that's where I struggle. To see the good times, desperate to get back to normal, know it will happen 1 day. It's the not know when I have a hard time with ?

inhad issues last year, and dealt with and its stirred itself up again, wish it would give me a break to be normal. Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Michelle87265

I tend to journal most of my thoughts good and bad then after doing that i list 5 positive things in my day and that sometimes helps to focus on the positive and not the negative but sometimes i always find the negative in anything i do!

Sometimes if things get too much i snap at my hubby, or i try to vent somewhere else. Or i go for a drive and just vent cos no one can hear anything then.

I am not on any meds - bottle it each time i see my GP or i cancel the appt cos i just cannot get past that.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am on meds for the anxiety and depression, and just be given something to help me sleep at night, which alleviates the itching I only get at night. 2 nights in, on a positive I slept last night much better that the past couple of nights.

i have a really good np (nurse practioner) at the surgery and he's has been nothing but supportive and helped which is good.

i bust feel I put on hi me to much, but what else do you do ??

thanks for replying xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Michelle struggling with anxiety and depression can be an exhausting battle, but it can be done. Whenever you have anxiety try to breath slowly and remind yourself that what your experiencing is normal and will soon pass. Make yourself a cup of tea and put in a movie to get your mind off your anxiety. As far as your depression start looking at life in a different way. Try journaling one thing your grateful for each day. For example, be thankful you can see, so that you can read this email. And always remember that there is someone out there praying for the things you may take for granted. Best of luck
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up