To much to soon

Posted , 7 users are following.

Yesterday I felt really good. Took a shower ,  did some laundry, walked (with my cane) up and down the  driveway, walked to get the mail and because I wanted to surprise my husband when he got home, I cooked dinner. BUt DID I EVER PAY FOR THIS DAY....pain kicked my you know what! ! Guess no matter how good YOU THINK  you feel , gotta let healing just take it's time. Did too much too soon.....learned my lesson! 😯

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi cecelia yes I have had lots of days like this, problem is as the day progresses. Our bodies get hot and tired and then the pain and tiredness really kicks in . I think we so much want to get back to normal we push ourselves much too hard. Need to really take it easy for a day or two. It's a case of slowly, slowly catche monkey, can't rush, this is a really huge trauma for the body to goe through. Take care you will get there.
  • Posted

Know what you mean. i've done the same thing. last week i moved house, this week I helped Mum move. Thought i was ok while I was doing it but now I feel so awful and am in so much pain, I'm even back to tears. I have yelled at my husband who has been an angel looking after me and doesn't deserve it. So back again by two weeks I should think. Perhaps tomorrow will be better for both of us.
    • Posted

Oh Carol, our poor husbands!  As soon as I snap I feel awful.

Need to keep him on side for knee number two next March. Dreading it.

Lynn 19 weeks post op

• Posted

Hi Cecelia. I have been there!! Think we can do wonders when we have a good day, but bam, it hits you like a sledge hammer lol!! As my surgeon told me today when I complained that the swelling and tightness was getting me down - you must remember that you have been through a major operation and major trauma.  Don't you just love these consultants with their words of wisdom😀😀😀😀 All the best xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.