Today is 5 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm really down you guys. Today Is 5 weeks at 30mg. I moved up from 25 mg which I was taking inconsistently over the last year.I broke down crying at work twice, luckily it wasn't in front of my students. My mornings have been pretty bad. I really feel like I'm going backwards. I'm also insanely tired and I've lost my appetite again. I'm down Nearly 15 pounds. I'm not going into work for the next two days but I'm also scared to just sit in my thoughts. I'm really in a bad place. I thought I was seeing some progress but I'm not too sure now.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How inconsistently were you taking it? And did it make you feel back to normal when you orginally took the medication amd for how long?
    • Posted

I was taking it every other day at times. Sometimes daily I was a mess. I was feeling great so I was missing days because I was forgetting. I think I was doing better after maybe two months not sure that was back in 2012 so I've been on them for the last five years.

• Posted

I feel your pain..but this Medication is very serious..you can't skip doses it will cause havoc on your system..stay on your dose ..take a benzo..don't suffered...

• Posted

I know I'm not missing doses j w. I'm just scared I won't get back to normal 

• Posted

You will I've known a few people who have missed pills as well and it took them longer to feel well again after, but it will happen. My guess is 8 weeks but everyone is different.

• Posted

Thanks for responding. I just don't rememeber how long it took the first time for me to find joy in my day. I'm just constantly worried about how I feel and if the medicine is going to work again 

• Posted

Thanks for the response did you have downs during week 5 I had a decent week 3 not the greatest but not as bad as week 4 ended. 
    • Posted

Hugely! Week 1,2 bad week 3 great week 4 pretty good week 5 horrible week 6,7 slow improvements week 8 great week 9 pretty good
    • Posted

The Medication is going to work again ..trust me .your just going thru the dosage increase drama again..
    • Posted

I had side effects for 8months ...lol..not good..but I held on.this Medication is not an overnight success. Is very slowwwww working.i gain 30pounds .. because celexa makes you crave carbohydrates..it's been 19months on celexa 10milli.and I recently lost 18pounds by cutting all my carbs..I don't eat anything that's white.

• Posted

Yes the negative thoughts were the worst part by far and they just played on a loop all morning then by about 5 they'd slow down. Normal part of adjusting I know that's hard to believe now. I would think things like I can't live like this forever and I wish I was dead, but never to the point that I considered hurting myself.

• Posted

It's funny that you mention that because I didn't eat many carbs before, but now I want bread constantly! I do need to gain some weight though.

• Posted

Be careful because I also needed to gain weight ..so I ate and ate ..and when I least expected bang i gain 30 pounds..but just recently lost 18..so yeah people watch your carbs on celexa..
    • Posted

Yeah I've had that same death thought I know I won't do it, but you do start to think I can't do this everyday. I hope it does get better over the next few weeks. I took today and tomorrow off of work. I've been so tired, but my other issue is I can't sleep during the day 

• Posted

I also do have better evenings like last night I hung out with my best friend and felt normal by the end of the day 
    • Posted

That is a great really positive sign that it isnworking! I too only felt good in evenings. Lois wpuld you say you started to feel better at 4 months or were back to normal by 4?
    • Posted

And as everyone explains it here mornings where horrendous and in the evening it subsided..every day I felt like that ..but every day it got weaker and weaker..until at 8month mark I woke up and said wow ..I feel good ..it was like a magic wand...
    • Posted

Thanks so much having an off day and I needed motivation that it doesn't mean it isn't working because I know I've made huge improvements.

• Posted

Your welcome I know when I was having rough days I took my xanex..and it was so much better than suffering..but you come this far.its the ups and downs of this medicine..that are making you feel like that.thatmeans the Medication is working..

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up