Today is a really bad day.. So scared I'm going to die

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today - I CANT COPE!

I'm sick of all this now, today is my youngest sons 1st birthday and I want to enjoy it. I can't because of these stupid 'anxiety' symptoms! I've really really had enough, don't know what to do to make it better or where to go for help! 

I need this to stop - all day everyday I feel like I'm dying. I feel faint, dizzy, light headed, heart beats funny, I'm exausted, have chest pain, pain that travels down my left arm, feel sick, bloated stomach, back pain... The list goes on!

Please someone help or point me in the right direction.. I can't do this!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I to suffer from anxiety and waiting cbt therapy I use to panic a lot in till I fount a YouTube video it's hypnosis it helps if you do it every day once a day for a week your panic and most of your symptoms will have gone it changes the way you think ill have to inbox you the link can't share them on here best of luck to you 
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte I would really go see your gp if you have been feeling like this for a while and dont feel like your getting better. They might recommend a small amount of meds to help with setonin levels or even counselling depending on what you prefer. Im on 10mg of citalpram which keep me just topped up and mellows me out. 
  • Posted

Oh, Charlotte...I absolutely understand how you're feeling...I have had exactly the same physical symptoms every day for the last eighteen months (some days are better than others, but it's pretty consistent). My doctors have ruled out any pathological reasons for these symptoms, and have all diagnosed it as anxiety. I've tried taking SSRIs, but couldn't tolerate the side effects, so had to stop...the only thing that has helped with the symptoms has been lorazepam (Ativan), but I don't like to use that often because of the risk of dependency. I can honestly say that what has helped me the most is therapy (specifically CBT) because it taught me how to be less afraid of the symptoms and not feed the anxiety with my thoughts and behaviors....it's definitely not easy, and you have to work at it, but over time it helps...I know it feels as though you can't do this, but you can....you're stronger than you know, and you're not alone in feeling this way....there are a bunch of "us" out there. Sending positive thoughts your way...I believe in you!
  • Posted

Hi, YOU WILL GET BETTER!  Alot of stress brungs these symptons on. Think of all the things that have gone on your life recentely and in the past and you will find the answers to your feelings.  It's a passing phase and you will get better and be stronger.  It is distressing but try to stay positive. There are quiet a feew websites on positive thinking rather than looking at all the symptons. Listen to your favourite music (loud).  Sleep is the most important there are websites that have practioners who describe how to relax in bed if I can find the sites again I will email. Remenber your not alone ........... Mar

• Posted

Hi Charlotte sorry to hear you are having a rough day. I completly understand where you're coming from. We all feel that way from time to time. I felt it just today while i was collecting my grandson from school...panic attack out of the blue and I just thought I don't know how much more of this I can take. But i got through it. Dropped my grandson home now I''m sitting here with a mad headache. I read a quote lately and I think of it when I'm low..."Though times don't last..Though people do." So stay strong and be kind to yourself. There is always a reason for so much axniety talking to someone. CBT is suppose to be good. Meanwhile this is a great place to chat. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.