Today's a tough day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I guess there are days your the pigeon and then others your the statue!

Today is definitely going to be a statue day Father's Day? A day where you as a man and a dad get to realise how lucky you are you can look at your children and see how proud they are to call you dad it's a day we as men get the chance to really appreciate how bloody lucky we are to have these beautiful fun size human beings look up to us and say that's my dad isn't he great and we love him!!

It's my first today daddy day one lol yeeaah a day where I get to think, about how much I'm failed my child by not being there on her first a day where I realise I failed to break that circle of familiarity my parents weeent there for me and now I'm not there for her what I wouldn't give to be there and look into her eyes to promise her I'm going to let nothing hurt you I'm your dad and I love you your safe with me

A day where I try to not hate with venom my ex who took her away without justification a day I think and come to terms with how a silly point scoring match cost me the opportunity of being with my child today

I don't understand how a person can take a child away from someone and live with themselves how am I the depressed one why are they not riddled in guilty

Everywhere you look you see the messages of love for dads the thanks the love expressed socially here I am thinking how and why am I being treated this way what exactly did I do yes I refused to get back with my ex can she really warrant taking my child away from me because of that I had no parents being a dad meant and continues to mean more to me that life itself today's I'm the statue I'm am being pletted in a plethora of pigeons sh*t social media, card shops , commercials, the community

Yeah today's going to be one of those tough days I shall shut the door and shut it out it's what I do but my god it's going to be tough today I love my daughter and still know nothing about her not a date of birth a health condition a picture nothing this meant the world to me to be the best dad I could be the best dad ever ffs today is going to drag and pull me down with it I'm powerless

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I can understand you being miserable when as a father you know nothing of your daughter, and Fathers day, as well as other seasonal anniversaries, are a timely reminder, as if you needed one.

I was particularly surprised that you know absolutely nothing about her, that seems very cruel. On the other hand I know nothing about you, perhaps because of some past event you don't deserve to know.

All I do know is that if it were me I would see if it was possible for a private enquirer to make discreet, non invasive, attempts to acertain as to the well being of my child, with the child's rights taking priority over mine at all times.

Mike

• Posted

Hi mike

Thanks I'll make it very clear first of all that I did nothing to anyone but say no I won't get bk with you

As for the private enquirer obviously her family's loyalties lay with her so that's out the question and as I said I've been through the social system all my life believe me when I say my child's right not to have social services in her life is far more important than my suffering

Any way this was yesterday I always remain optimistic that she will see sense and acknowledge what she is doing is wrong each day I think today could be the day and every night I experience the disappointment that she's not done so yet I'm sure she will eventually but as I recently started a new relationship it's not looking likely in the near future she is rather bitter about it

Courts are out the question as it saids also as there apparently is no legal aid for family law and it can cost 10s of thousands to get access im not in a financial position to do so

Leaving the Jeremy Kyle show and I think I have to many teeth in my head for that show hahaha

Hope you are well

Also mike

• Posted

Hi Hakuna matata, unlike you I have no children or no dad, so Father's day is exceptionally difficult for me and my husband.  He has a dad but I don't, so he doesn't quite understand what it feels like, but that isn't to say he can't comfort me.  i agree with you about the card manufacturers - they must think it's a joke!  I am bored of places thinking it's a joke to charge whatever they like to sell their products.  As for you being a dad enjoy it.

• Posted

Hi hakuna matata, I have just read your post and I will never understand how a woman can use her child as a weapon, there are some really hateful people, One thing I thought about is on certain days of the year when you are more affected with your situation,you could keep an album of what you would like to have done with your daughter on that particular day, even something people take for granted like feeding the ducks or going to the park, I say this because? one day your daughter will grow up and she will want to know about you, and then you will have something to show her that you missed everything about her growing up but she was always in your heart and mind, just a thought, I really hope that things will change for you and you get the access you deserve, a lot of men get a bum deal and it shouldn't be that way,

• Posted

I think the thing that I have realised through all this is how callious people can be not just her ya know others too

Like dads that simply walk away and the effect that must have on people

I for months have tried to. Ale excuses for her tried to understand a stance point read and reread messages sent between the two of us I saw the cheap point scoring seems silly now ya know just bravado from both sides it hurts everyday I give up trying to understand the reasoning behind it because I've realised I'll never understand it because to understand it you'd have to be bad enough to carry it through and the truth is well I'm just not

One can only hope she comes round and sees this is wrong i for a while hated her real hate then a very special person came along and has made me realise it's not the person I hate but rather the situation and act

I hope both mother and baby are ok and well ya know I just want to see my child now it's not to much to ask I don't think to be a dad

• Posted

Sent u a pm hun. The sites a magnet feel like ya gotta help wen yr over a bad cycle xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.