tomorrow.

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Getting my gallbladder out tomorrow, have to be up at hospital for 8am. Starting to feel nervous now.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Dianne let me re-assure you I was great after mine so wide awake talking to my daughter on the phone 2 hours after the op, I am sure you will be the same love xxx
  • Posted

The worst part is pre-op sitting in the waiting area for them to bring you in. Before you know it you will be waking up in post op and although sore, feeling much better. Day 2 will be the worst for pain and swelling so expect that and there will be no unpleasant surprises.
  • Posted

Hi Dianne .... I had my gallbladder out early last month and felt exactly how you are now.   I too had to be at the hospital early where you go through several "hoops" i.e., your details are taken, then you chat with the anethatist and before you know it you're in Theatre.  I felt fortunate indeed - the team that day were all good friends and chatted cheerily with one another and me - I could have been at someones coffee morning!  Then before I knew it I was "out for the count" - next thing I knew I was in recovery and it was all done and dusted.   You'll be fine Dianne ..... sending you healing thoughts.
  • Posted

Why are you getting yours out? I had mine out in March after being sick for a year!! Its been three month and I still have sickness and pain and D. Is it stones or Disseased? I wish I would have gone on Youtube and looked into Gallblader Flush.. Dr Hyda Clark.. Search it on youtube.
    • Posted

I dont think the surgeon knows until he gets inside how your gall bladder is mine was very badly deseased and only just got it in time, but the fact that you have stones and are in a great deal of pain is enough for some surgeons to go ahead and operate 
    • Posted

My Brothers was not, His was full of stones.. They said he needed it out. He started doing the flushes and went back for an ultrasound, he is now clear of stones..
    • Posted

I had stones in the gall bladder and also in the bile duct which had to be removed which is called ERCP they removed seven out of it then a week later I had my gall bladder op, you just can't tell really I just knew I was in horrendous pain that was three years ago and I now suffer from Bile Salt Malabsorption which I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy xxx
    • Posted

Have you ever taken questrin? I have the same problem now.. I also have morning sickness horrible.
    • Posted

I was given Questran when the D started but I just couldn't swallow it! it made me retch then I was given something else but I can't remember the name of it that was like trying to swallow sand! absolutely dreadful! then I joined a group and was told to ask my doc for Colesevelam tablets 650mg which I did and was given them (Not everyone can get them it's like a postcode lottery with them)  and it was like a miracle they worked so well I went for days without visiting a loo! that lasted for about 6 months then I got really bad D again so I was told to take two tablets a day and now I am on four a day and up to 8 imodium a day(on a bad day) if you are taking a bile binder tjewell try taking it at bedtime that might stop the morning sickness love xxxx
  • Posted

You will be fine. I had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago and doing well.

Keep me posted.

Take care

Praying for you

Lots of love

Sarah xxx

• Posted

I had mine out yesterday. It went really well. Just minor issues such as being itchy all over
    • Posted

Well done tazz.

I had mine out a couple of weeks ago.

Mine has just started getting itchy where the scar is.

Dressing has come off this morning, that feels great.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up