Tomorrow Is my Surgery. "I think I'm as ready as I will ever be.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Thanks to this Forum, I have been able to prepare myself as much as possible, my husband has a way better understanding now too

I am Still scared but I guess anyone having surgery Should be a little frightened.  neutral

I'm going to try and keep sharing my exspirence in hopes it may help someone else. 

So far I have started on a softish diet to get my bowels as empty as I can. This seem to be a common denomitator in helping for after Surgery pooing.

I have loss fitting clothes to where packed with my favorite pillow.cheesygrin

I guess that's all for now. 

I love to here any other advise or exspirence good or bad....idea

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh good luck andrea I'm sure everything will go really well. Keep the n touch when you can and let us know how you are getting on.
    • Posted

Gosh Thanks so much.... I have to ask, where is everyone from, I swear I have never heard of any of the stool softners recomended.
  • Posted

good luck! wish you all the best, i am now 3 days post op and soft diet is good! finally had relief today of first bm 😱🙈

diff take it easy you might feel ok when doing it but it comes back and bites you in the noo noo later !

hope it all goes great just breath! it will soon be over with xx

• Posted

Just had posterior prolapse repair surgery 12 days ago after scaring myself silly for the past year about all possible bad outcomes. It went great and I am so glad I finally did it. It was performed vaginally using my own excised vaginal tissue for strength. I stayed overnight in the hospital and used ice packs for a couple of days along with stool softeners. I was able to stay regular which as you have heard is the most important. No straining, lifting or squatting and lots of laying around with your feet up for a while. I am a super active person and this is the hardest part but after reading about some reoccurring prolapses due to overactivity, I am super motivated.

Get help with housecleaning, filling dog's food and water, wrapping Christmas gifts, etc. Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.