Tomorrow will be 7 weeks on Celexa

Posted , 4 users are following.

The first 2 weeks, the expected side effects. The third week, some side effects plus my period. Fourth week... best week of my life! The next week and a half, I was a nervous wreck. I have been doing better since Thursday. Blips are normal and they are going to occur, but remember they will pass and become less frequent. First week was 10mg and the rest of the time I was on 20mg. I am sleeping good, my stomach rumbles and gurgles a lot (especially in the morning), I am eating more and I still have some brain fog throughout the day. Big improvements considering this time last week I felt like I was going crazy.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Any headaches? I had a bit of a blip a cpl days ago, feel much better now however I seem to be having headaches now for a cpl days. Not terrible just seem to be specific spots on my head and was wondering if you are experiencing similar things?
    • Posted

I've seen a lot of posts on here about headaches when you're farther along. I'm sure it's just a common side effect.

• Posted

Not everyday, but from time to time I will. When I do have one, they pass after I am relaxed.
    • Posted

Peppermint essential oil helped my headaches. Mix some drops in water in a spray bottle and spray your environment. I also place a couple of drops on the shower floor while I take a shower and a drop or 2 in a clump of toilet tissue (you could use a hankerchief) and breathe (not too deeply) as often as I need to. When all else fails, there's always acetominophen - although I haven't had to take the but a couple of times.

• Posted

yayyyy I've found some one that get spots threw taking this medicine lol I've been on them 7 years and I keep breaking out in spots on my 4head but there big n horrible lol xx

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing better. Blips are definitely a side effect...but from what I've read on here, I feel like Citalopram takes full effect after a couple of months...that's why I was so hesitant on taking it. However, the side effects are nothing compared to how I was feeling.

• Posted

Oh, I still have quite a way to go... but so far, so good considering I expected all of this to be WAY worse. I am also determined, though, because I am currently in school and nothing is going to stand between me and my career.
    • Posted

That was a very similar place that I was in, I knew I couldn't go on without help of some kind, maybe wish I would of tried a fast acting anxiety treatment for a bit before I got put on a long term treatment as I would've liked to see if I could get a ahold of it on my own cause now I'm constantly asking myself is this real or is it a side effect of the medicine? But I'm glad I got help none the less even if not 100% yet

• Posted

Glad to hear someone else was in my shoes! I was prescribed Klonopin for a long time...one of the fast-acting Benzos. My anxiety would only flare up for about 2 weeks to a month a year. I found myself having to take them every other day it seemed like...and my "2 week to a month" anxiety this time wouldn't go away as it usually did. So, I knew I needed to be on an everyday SSRI. Even walking out of the doctor's office the day I got prescribed, I felt like a little weight was lifted off my shoulders. It's always hard taking the first step. I also know what you mean about "is this real?" I'm only on my 6th day of Citalopram and it feels as if my mood has already changed. It might be the "placebo effect", but I've heard some reports of people seeing some sort of beneficial effects almost right away. Anyways, thanks for responding back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.