Tongue herpes?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I recently had a blister on my vulva and was told by my GNO it could possibly be HPV. 5 mins later she tested me for a yeast infection which came out possitive and said it could possibly be the blister symptom. I took the yeast infection pill and the morning aftfer, the blister was gone as if nothing was there. I now have noticed a sore throat, small wart like figures on my tongue and and back of mouth. I was told it could be the yeast infectiont too, but i doub it. shortly noticed small redish rashes and small bumps on my husbands penis and thinking that maybe is it herpes/warts (comparing to all pictures). i got tested for HPV when i went with my GYNO, and am still waiting for results. anyone have this when disgnosed with HPV? HELP

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello. have you some new information? about your diagnosis? my tongue is absolutely similar as your and i have same symtomps. pls help me. thanks
    • Posted

I have the same problem, the doctors dont know what it is. One dr gave me fluconazole 250 mg for 15 days , and oral nistatin for 7 days and nothing worked. Other dr told me to drink more water but it doesnt matter how much water i drink it doesnt get any better. Pls help im desperate . Thanks
  • Posted

My tongue also looks like this, I asked my doctor and he said it was just natural bumps but I’m not sure. Looked the same for 3 years but I’m very self conscious of it. Any help would be appreciated!! 
  • Posted

I have the same problem, the doctors dont know what it is. One dr gave me fluconazole 250 mg for 15 days , and oral nistatin for 7 days and nothing worked. Other dr told me to drink more water but it doesnt matter how much water i drink it doesnt get any better. Pls help thankyou
  • Posted

jessica do you have any news ? If you do pls share it. there are a lot of people with the same problem that are desperate, Im one of them. Hope you are good now. Thanks
    • Posted

Dear George good morning!

Do you have any news regarding your case? I have the same thing on my tongue now it's been 6 weeks and it doesnt go away 😦

• Posted

the lumps at the back are normal. they look like enlarged tastebuds. some have them more visible than others.

i cant see any sores or bumps on the front of your tongue.

• Posted

my doctor did a full std work up after a suspected cheating bf. I've since been on valtrex everyday since testing positive for HSV1. Even on daily valtrex I have flare ups and never fully get rid of the oral herpes virus. Bc my bf and I had oral sex its an issue in my vaginal area and my mouth. No genital sores but in a flare it gets tingling and sensative. it is HSV1 not 2 that is associated with genital herpes. I've been great for weeks then out of nowhere I get a salty taste in my mouth and my tongue looks like yours in the pictures. I'm taking 1000 mg of valtrex daily as a suppressant. but today having an oral flare. No cure for it. Just maintenance. I suggest you asking ur doc to give you a full std work up via bloodwork. hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.