Too much

Posted , 6 users are following.

Life is too much! I used to be young at least thought I was now life is passing by without good memories nothing to look back on except heartache! This may sound fickle and I know even with myself that I'd give anything to just be happy or at least lead a "normal life " but I can't help but feel that if I had someone...someone to love me then maybe things would be a little easier ? I'm just venting/rambling...sorry x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're feeling so alone. I feel the exact same way as if having someone there would ease the burden & bring my life some meaning. I think the loniless is one of the hardest parts, everything feels empty. I know it's not the same but we are all here to support each other, I realise that's not the kind of relationship you feel you want but I hope it helps to know you're not alone. Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom but I definitely do understand xx

• Posted

Hi there you don't have to be sorry. That's what we are here for is to listen to each other and share and offer suggestions if we have any. What have you tired? Have you tired counseling or meds. Just wondering. Diane

• Posted

Sorry ignore me, I'm pathetic and acting like a baby, truth is having a relationship is way down the list of things I want. Having said that it would be nice to have someone but have many more worries that need dealing with first. Again I'm sorry, was feeling sorry for myself, seem to be doing that a lot lately...guess i should "man up" as they say just wish it was that easy xx 

• Posted

You've got nothing to apologise for this is why we're here x

• Posted

I know and thank you, you're really kind like so many others on this site xx

• Posted

Hi dondons - I agree. A relationship is a low priority. To be honest, I have resigned myself to a life alone, and I'm perfectly okay with that. When I think of past relationships, I recall i was always quite uptight in them - almost as if i had trapped myself somehow. We did not have love in our family. It's expression was taboo. I think that made it difficult to trust and be totally open with another. A pet is a good substitute, they might not talk, but their love is unconditional and they give reason to get up and out.

• Posted

First off, you can't put it on someone else to make you happy - that won't end well. And you can still make memories - it is never too late. wink I am sure it would possibly be easier with someone to support you or push you a bit when you need it to keep you going & trying but you are in control of your life & the direction it goes - things can still change & even small steps can lead to big results. wink 

What keeps you from leading a normal life? What are your worries? What are things you need/want to work on? What are your goals? Some easy things you want to accomplish that you can start with?

There are many people here to talk to - you don't need to feel sorry for the way you feel or anything..there are a lot of people happy to help & who care..so keep venting/rambling if it helps you & I am sure some people can come up with good ideas or steps to help you in the right direction. wink

As for the "man up" you mentioned in a relpy to someone else - it is perfectly okay to be weak as well, you don't need to feel bad or guilty for you emotions or the way you feel...you are here, you reached out - which means you want to get better & that is a great thing to do. wink You will get better if you work on it...we are here to listen - stop apologising when there is nothing to apologise for, it only helps to keep yourself down. ;P

Have you talked with your doctor about the way you feel or seeked other professional help already?

Good luck smile

• Posted

I just want to be a better personĀ 
    • Posted

Who doesn't? wink I guess as long as we live there is always something we can improve about ourselves or that we feel needs improvement. I wish I was a better person too but as we know the grass is always greener on the other side & from there it might not be very green either wink - there is still so much to work on for me & there are days when I deeply hate myself & question what sense it even makes to be here feeling pathetic etc (I am sure you know those sorts of feelings so I keep it short) but I can tell you being mean to yourself & denying yourself some credit for things that are good about you & keeping yourself down is not helping...as for me, doing those things only keeps me stuck & getting nowhere - certainly not better either...not feeling better & not being a better person. We all struggle & that is perfectly normal - what is important is that you don't give up. wink

Maybe start with small easy things that bother you about yourself to build up some confidence in yourself & know you can do it? Or make a list of things you are good & you can be proud of to show yourself not all is bad? It seems your self-esteem & feeling of self-worth is not very high (I can relate & I know it is always easier to talk) but I am sure there are steps you can take to build that up. wink People here reply & care about you getting better - you can't be that bad of a person, I would say. wink

What holds you back from trying to change things that bother you?

I don't know your background, your age & your history - things that led you where you are now or have felt for a while or years...but I am sure things can get better. smile I am working every day to keep my head out of my a** & trying to focus on the positive - trying to change the things I can change & influencing the way I think or feel...just saying, you are not alone. wink

• Posted

I have sought all medical help that's available to me, I've had private and NHS counselling, I've been on probably nearly all meds available, I've been sectioned 4 times, I have tried hard to get myself better but feel like I'm fighting a losing battle x

• Posted

As long as you fight nothing is lost. Be proud of yourself for trying so hard, that is great. wink I am sorry nothing really helped you so far though - I am sure that is frustrating.

May I ask what your issues is, the source of your problems, why are you feeling that way? What holds you back, stand in your way, keeps you from getting better? - as I said, I don't know your history & background, so it is a bit hard to try & come up with something specific, I am sorry. I really hope you can find something to help you, even if it is only small things & small steps.

• Posted

Dondons it's human I think to want to couple to want to have a relationship. To love and be loved. Their is "nothing" to be ashamed about that.. not your feelings or telling us that! I am so glad that you felt safe enough to tell us here. Don't let anyone shame you!! Feelings are feelings and you don't have to explain them to anyone. Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 😊Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.