Too Scared to start!!! help please!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

[color=violet:acc4280920][/color:acc4280920]ok i am a teacher, i was prescribed these magic pills last week but told i had to wait a week to start them as i was on antibiotics and had been unwell.. well the week arrives on wed and i am scared stiff to take them!!! i can't be tooting away in the classroom!! :shock: and i am as far away from the toilets as i can possibly be!! :oops:

if is start on wed will the effects be immediate? :?

please help alleviate my fears i don;t think i will ever get going at this rate!!! i need to loose at least 3 stone and have been trying for 2.5 years since my little boy was born, nothing has worked these are my last ditch attempt!!!

I am 31, 5'6\" and 15.1 stones

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya HezWad

Please don't be scared, It's really not so bad

Stick to a low fat diet, and you won't get any side effects and feel the need to be tootling off to the loo,

I've been on these for nearly 6 months and I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've felt the need to rush to the loo, and it has always been because I have been naughty and eaten something I know I shouldn't of :twisted:

Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi and welcome

I know exactly how you feel, I was too scared to start the tablets too!

The hospital gave me my Orlistat and they advised me to keep to a low fat diet, which I did, before starting the tablets. I haven't had any side effects and I've been taking them since September.

You need to register with MAP, the helpline run by the company who make Orlistat, the number is

[b:a6443c4032]08007317138[/b:a6443c4032]

You will need the box of tablets handy as they will ask the batch number. They give loads of helpful advice and send out booklets and information. They are a great support.

Go ahead, keep low fat for a few days, then start the tablets, Good Luck!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

hiya

i to was scared to take the tablets as i heard and read all about the horrible side effects, have only been on them a week and a half and sticking to a low fat diet and 15g of fat per meal and i have had no side effects at all.

goodluck you will be fine

this forum is excellent for questions and support

• Posted

thank you for the reassurance!!! started them todaya dn joined map this evening... so here we go.... so far so good! except i am now craving all the naughty things i can't have!!! :evil:
  • Posted

Hi

I started orlistat a week ago ive stuck to a low fat diet and had no side affects. They're a real deterrant to cheat. I love em!

smile

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up