Toothache in Lockdown

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a wobbly molar for about a week, the past few days it's giving an increasing amount of pain, and this morning the jaw is really swollen next to it. At the moment I'm taking paracetamol to try to relieve the pain. Emergency dentist doesn't seem to be an option. Would a course of antibiotics be advisable?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

It possibly root infection so you should start to take antibiotic. This kind of infection may spread surrounding soft tissue and becomes abscess.

Get well soon.

• Posted

Further to my posting: in desperation I applied TCP to the area last night, and this morning it didn't hurt so much and the swelling has gone down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.