Torn Tendon

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bad fall on 6th. June and dislocated my right shoulder, it was relocated on the 7th and I regularly attended Hospital then on the 23rd. July I had a scan and was told I had a torn Tendon, for the last two weeks I have been having phyisio therapy but no matter how much I ask no one will tell me if this will eventually repair on it's own I am 74, can anyone possibly give me the answer I need I would be very grateful----Bert

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya bert,

the outcome should be good, but it can take quite a while, there's loads of info on the web, googles your friend, just search for torn tendon cheesygrin

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Posted

Thaks for that Ken I greatly appreciate that----Bert

PS You might get this twice

• Posted

Thaks for that Ken I greatly appreciate that----Bert

PS You might get this twice

• Posted

Hello Bert,

As far as I`m aware and have been told by doctors in the past is that the tendon wont heal itself. What physio does is it strengthens the other muscles and tendons around the injured one to compensate for it. Good luck with the physio. Takes time to heal. But should help.

Kind Regards,

James.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.