Toronto Canada run / support groups

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi wondering if there is anyone on the forum who is from Toronto Ontario Canada?  Are there any meetup groups or run clubs for COPD?  Would be encouraging for me and hopefully others to meet others who are also afflicted and give each other support in person.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Please refer to Transplant info in Toronto. Your doc should be able to refer you to rehab facilities where they should have that info.  It seems in Canada it is still a very miniscule support effort. I am in Wpg  and still have to work to find support online.

It is never to early to ask to be referred to pulmonary rehab where I can say they have the best resources despite lack of support.

I wish you well as it seems there are few Canadians on this support system.

• Posted

Hi Shannon thanks for replying.  I'm really surpeised there aren't more local community resources or support groups.  Canada is a large and progressive country and from everything I've read it's a very prevalent illness.  I guess I could try to start something but never been the best event organizer.  I may try a meetup.  I do like your idea of pulmonary rehab.  May take some time to get into a program.  Hope you're doing well. 

• Posted

COPD canada forum may likely have more people to advise you further, I believe canada also has Better Breathers groups, no doubt contacting lung ca can advise you further also.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.