torture!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am at the in laws for the weekend and its torture so far, its my father in law's 60th so there's cream cakes galore and they're eating lots of fatty foods while i am eating this low fat stuff i bought from home which by comparison is bland and boring, i haven't got the time or facilities to cook like i do at home. Hmmm

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

is it a party? why not try and fill up on healthy food before? and maybe then just have one or two selections from the fatty side, and im sure there will be breadsticks and hummous or something which you can pick on..have they got a dog? why not offer to take it out on a walk for 30 mins, they'll appreciate it and you'll get some exercise.

hope this helps, and just have fun! we can't avoid these occassions all the time, it's our life!

nora x

• Posted

It sounds like diet hell, so remember this won't be the only party you ever go to, these won't be the only cakes you are ever offered and the lardy pastries won't be the only ones you ever see. You are not saying no for ever but just for this weekend. Something else ( your health) is taking priority over apetite and \"surely one won't matter\" just at the moment. In a few months you can sit in your skinny jeans and smuggly eat a cream cake and think that - oh yes I am owed one from that weekend.
  • Posted

there's no buffet for us, its just what everyone else is eating around me and sadly there's no dog. For lunch everyone else had fried bacon and fried egg sandwich which smelled and looked devine then someone has brought massive cream scones and there's birthday cake, there is nothing here for me other than what i've brought from home. The in laws don't understand what i have to do with the pills so they're of the mind where they're just gettin what they normally do and ignoring the fact i can't have it. Its quite hard as we don't have these things at home and now they're right under my nose! Sorry for the rant!
  • Posted

hiya sparkles :cheerup:

i'm not a slimmer but what a temptation, it must be like the proverbial 'kid in a sweet shop' lol :oops: :sorry:

is there a local boozer you could walk to, i'm sure they would have a veggie dish that's tasty and wouldn't *cough, do any damage :wink:

just a thought :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :run: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

hi guys thanks for your great responses, its what i need right now to keep me on the straight and narrow! We're in the middle of nowhere in north yorks so i have literally got what i brought from home which is normally enough, my fiance is supportive and mostly eats what i eat so temptation is not often around, we're going home tomorrow so not a lot longer to stick it out for! Thanks again guys!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.