Total knee replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello Iam 10 days in after operation.

last night I bent down to pick up some ting and my knee moved, locked, and pain more then enough for a scream.

in the end I had to force a movement to move.

in dreadful pain, and right side of leg gone so still and painful

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

OMG Go to the Emergency Room now! That is bad bad bad. Call 911. If it made you scream get help. Please don't wait. Something is wrong. Seriously. Go now and get help. Then after you're treated and get home call your doctor. They'll take x-rays at the ER so you'll know if something's wrong. You poor thing. Please don't wait. Sending prayers for you. Do it now.

• Posted

Hi Alison, you so need an xray I had a fall at 8day po landed right on my tkr had xrays all was okay but surgeon readmitted me to hospital for 5days (but I did rip open both internal & external stitches below knee).  But it's a huge op and if you're so close to just having surgery you definately need it seen to asap. 

Take care... Tracey

• Posted

Omg! Wow they admitted you? That's good they took care of you. Hope you got some good pain meds and got waited on hand and foot. How are you doing now? Better?

• Posted

Hi Renee .. was readmitted to see how the stitches I had torn would heal and swelling was horrific .. was bed bound except for using the bathroom for that time.  Surgeon didn't really want to go back in and restitch due to the high risk of infection .. ended up with steri strips and a vacuum bandage .. so that did hinder any exercises for first 6wks .. I'm doing as well as expected thank you have had quite a few issues along the way .. and now at 11mths am probably where alot are at 6mths but I'm not concerned it will take as long as it needs .. I just take each day as it comes! 

Cheers... Tracey

• Posted

Chances are you didn't damage the prosthesis only your dignity was offended. You , like most of us, tried to make a move that shouldn't have been made for some time yet. Now just keep the ice handy at all times, drink lots of fluids (water) elevate and REST for the next 2 or three days. Back off the difficult exercises andcrwsort only to some leg lifts. The soft tissue damage just needs a few days to heal ......and it will. After a couple of days if you think the pain is still excessive, call your surgeon. Stay on the pain meds and anti inflammatories. Just remember the basics....they nearly cut off your leg and installed a 4 lb foreign object.....then sewed and stapled it back together....its going to be a while.....weeks, maybe months before you can do theses seemingly add simple tasks.....like the rest of us, you will get back to normal although t ight be a different kind of normal

• Posted

If I had to guess, I'd say you stretched something that wasn't ready to stretch that much. Are you seeing a PT yet? That's who I would ask first. I would also be applying ice regularly and see how it starts to feel after it settles down. Old Fat Guy is right, you probably didn't damage the new knee, but you could have hurt something else. Can you call your doctor?

-Mo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.