Total knee replacement

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had my knee done on aug.8 of this year and I have had nothing but problems. Now they say my knee cap is frozen and I have been going to PT 4 weeks after my surgery. My doctor said I might get to go back to work in January. I still can't bend my knee and it hurts me to walk and im still using a cane, still can't sleep, still have swelling alot of swelling. When will I start feeling better.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I keep saying this hot baths and icing, buy the ice bucket and leg wrap which I used at the hospital. we are all different but 6 to 8 weeks you will notice some improvement I stopped icing at 15 weeks.

Good luckĀ 

• Posted

I'm 9 months post op and still having the same problems as you've outlined!!

• Posted

Hi Shari/ I hope you find an answer to the problem with your knee/ I had both knees done as almost 2 1/2 years ago first surgery / if you can see improvement with PT then eventually you'll get there, 3 months is a long time to still be unable to bend your knee. The doctor should at least be taking x-rays if not an MRI. It is a long recovery but something I obviously isn't right. I still had swelling at 3 months but I could bend it. I even had a fractured knee cap from surgery. Has a screw in it now! So I couldn't really do much PT for 6 weeks but I eventually got to about 110 degrees of flex. Keep us posted on your progress, I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.