Total Knee Replacement Referral

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just returned from my doctor after an appointment to review my knee x ray they've come back as moderate to severe arthritis and my doctor has now filed the referral to hospital for knee replacement. He has upped my pain relief but has said I could wait up to 18 weeks for an appointment with Wirral NHS still things are finally moving

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't wait too long, arthritis can be devastating and I don't know your age but please don't wait , get another opinion or change doctors right away. If you're in fla try for Martin Roche in ft lauderdale!

• Posted

Thanks David I'm 55 and I've gone from mild to moderate/ severe in 8 months, but am in the UK and have. I choice to wait it out, hopefully won't be too long

• Posted

Good Luck to you , you will feel much better with a new knee, hopefully you are on a anti-inflamatory too along with your pain meds
  • Posted

Hi mate im in uk i waited 14 weeks fo my tkr had it fone 1st September its going fine just get yourself ready it will soon come round and you will feel the benefit afterwards good luck and keep us posted.
    • Posted

Thanks Johnny, can I ask how long you waited for your initial appointment? Did you then wait another 14 weeks for surgery? HOpe your recovery is going well?

Debs

• Posted

Hi Debs.

I first went to the doctor in april i think it was

then referred to Fairfield hospital in bury but i did mention a certain surgeon when i got the letter it i was referred to him at oaklands hospital in salford i saw him in may then had x rays and mri scan he told me august but when my appointment came it was 1st September i was very lucky he does computer aided surgery so all in all about 16 weeks dont worry about the wait debs just look to next year and how good you will feel good luck.

• Posted

Just a quick one i dont know if i can name the surgeon in here but if you mail me i will give you his name and clinic you never know.
    • Posted

Thanks Johnny not sure how I can mail you but I will try much appreciate your help and advice
    • Posted

Theres a envolope in the right corner try that Debs i just dont think it goes through if you put names or specific clinics .
  • Posted

Great news.. Im on the public hospital list in Australia... I had to wait 2 years....
    • Posted

Hey Sharon, my first tkr  (2014) was six month wait to see the surgeon then a four month wait for the operation. I was put on Cat 2 with still some ligament between the bones. This knee showing bone on bone and I'm a Cat 3 patient....go figure!!

• Posted

Hi Jenny..... I was category 3 as well... I was lucky to only wait 2 years...When u get on the surgical list. U should only have a 6 month wait... Good luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.