Total right knee replacement 8 months with pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi folks, it's me again.. Just wanted to know if anyone has found the same pain I'm going thru 8 months down the road.  My inner thigh has excruciating pain and also up the back side of the thigh. I had Tkr right knee March 2016. I do all the exercises and more. If I happen to skip a day, it is rare, however pay for that more by end of day.  Most days by late afternoon my pain gets severe n got to rest. My day has pretty much ended. Not sure if I should go back to original surgeon or seek a second opinion. Been told that most docs will tell u to go back to original doc? I'm sooooo confused, don't know what direction to take.  Am I lookin at a revision??? Last visit surgeon said I fell into the 20% group who don't do so well, but I was determined n he said see u in December.  My nerves n emotions are shot, but I try to do my best each day.  Thanks for taking the time to read listen to me, kathy p

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There is a nerve that comes out of the spine and comes around the hip and down the the inside of the leg. Check with the surgeon, therapist or pain management Dr. There are some exercises that can undo the pinched nerve.
    • Posted

So if it is determined it is sciatica from a screwed up vertebrae or something, she could get an inversion chair and by hanging upside down, find relief, and perhaps cure the pain.

And Kathy you might also have a kidney stone, which is confirmed by going into the tube .for a picture.  you will get alot of deferred pain fromthem.

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback, my bend is still about 100, I can straighten it pretty well. I will look into what you said, best regards, kathy p.  I have had siiatica before, I don't think it's that? But will ask about that as well 😁😁

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback Lynn , I'll ask my surgeon about both conditions you offered.  Like I said to ofg I have had siiatica which ran down the entire leg. This is either a ligament or tendon (or something else??) which only gets real painful by day's end. I just don't know anymore. Never thought of kidney stone, best of health to you, kathy p.

• Posted

Hi from your groin to your knee is the Sartorius muscle. If you press along your inner thigh you may feel painful places. Gently massage along there 5 to 6 times a day the tightness there will ease. Google 'trigger points of the inner thigh' and it just maybe your problem. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you soooo much Lesley, I'll give that a go as well. Thank u all and I wish I all good health and healing!

• Posted

going to doc on monday, will ask him about these somewhat new circumstances. i did start to massage the area you suggested, especially below the top knee toward the inner thigh area, seem to help some, ill keep at it. thanks, kp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.