Totally fed up !!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Really had enough today, been on buspirone now for nearly 4 weeks felt slightly better but still having melt downs, currently having a melt down today have had a twitch in my eye so have spent most of the day googling brain tumours , it's Saturday night and I just wanna feel normal trying to watch TV and have so many illness symptoms going through my head I see other people going out having fun and I just feel totally miserable , just want to feel normal again and stop worrying about being ill , it's taken over my life!!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie , listen I'm going through the same thing even after I had test done to prove I was healthy , I'm still convinced there is something wrong in my head and the anxiety is killing me, I'm on the Verge of breaking all the way down, anxiety is by far the worst mental illness know to man , I'm at the end of my ropes with this mess, and I just want my like back too !! TRUST ME !
  • Posted

Hi Natalie I have had health anxiety all my life and I can honestly say it's been a total waste of time! Quite literally!!! Get off google! That's the worst thing you can do! It will throw up illnesses you've never heard of! Never was a saying so true as "worry solves nothin" !!!  Worrying about being ill will MAKE you ill. You know that so make your mind up to stop it! If you become ill you will deal with it because you have to but in the meantime give yourself a break! Please don't do as I have done! 
    • Posted

So so true Elizabeth, a twitchy eye for instance is stress, nothing else. The symptoms of a brain tumour

Are so different. Please don't stress over your health. As Elizabeth said if people become ill they deal with it. I would stake my life on it that you are not I'll, just neurotic like me!!! Hehe. Best of luck xuxxx

• Posted

Hi Caroline I need a pep talk!!! You up for it???  I know all the theory but I'm rubbish at the practise! I'm in a paddy at the moment because I'm losing weight! Brain tells me it's because I'm eating less because I'm in a paddy but I'm not getting through to me!,!!! 
  • Posted

Thank you all so much, sometimes a little reassurance from this site is great. I think the hardest thing is you know your being silly but you just can't stop yourself , to enjoy life again would be good !!

Xx thanks xx

• Posted

Yep I agree with you. I am an intelligent capable woman except in  the one area of health anxiety where I'm an out and out nutter!! I think my hard wiring is wrong! 
    • Posted

Are getting any counseling.  It is a good place to start.  A counselor may be able to give you the tools you need to self talk yourself out of your distructive thinking. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.