Tough day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Posted about 18 hours agoLife stinks at the moment, I have jaw aches, and achy muscles in both legs down my thighs and just above my knees and my legs seem weak. Also have tested positive for an anti immune test on bloods so now gotta see a rheumatologist, don't know what to think and am all over the place. Are these all perimenopause or something else. meveryone says don't worry but easier said than  done, oh and a bereavement in the family just to add to it all! Stop this ride I wanna get off!!!😔 Report  Share

Support this with a vote  0

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have weak legs and arms. Don't know if it is menopause symptoms or not. I have had the jaw pain too, but not currently. I have not seen a rheumatologist yet, but it is on my list. Up next for me is a gastroenterologist, since I have digestive issues. Keep me posted on your rheumatologist appointment and good luck!
  • Posted

Morning Ruth

I don't have the other leg weaknesses but have recently noticed pain and swelling in my index finger knuckle joint on right hand...yes, I'm right-handed so very difficult not using it!

I asked a pharmacist and she recommended I take calcium with Vit D, plus ibrofen to help with inflammation...but ultimately I will need blood tests to determine if I have arthritis in this joint sad

Is this age , usage or menopause?

Have had much neck, shoulder pains too, over past years...didn't even consider this could be hormonal?

Nor did our wonderful GP's!!!

Had physio, cortisone, acupuncture...no difference!

Must be hormones? Who knows? Jx

• Posted

Ruth,

​I get the aches in my legs too. Will also get it in my left arm. Everything seems to ache on the left and not the right lol which I find weird. I chalk it up to hormones. I used to have anxiety attacks because I was having so many weird symptoms but i figured it's been almost 2 years of having them and I'm still alive so it must be ok lol. Now I don't have anxiety, I just excepted it.  Hope you feel better!!!!

• Posted

Are you still having pain and weakness? Have an appointment with rheumatologist? Keep me updated, have your same symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.