Trans nasal esophagoscopy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Tomorrow I am having a trans nasal esophagoscopy done on local anaesthetic at the hospital. I am a little nervous of it and wondered if anyone has had one. How long roughly do they leave the tube in?

Can you feel the tube? Any side effects while the tube is in?

I'm not trying to scare myself because I'm quite good with not panicking but I've never had a tube into my nose or throat before. The only way I can look at it is that it will get me some results.

I am having the test to see if I have Gerd (which I doubt) or something else in my throat. I've had a feeling of lump in my throat, constant need to swallow and sore throat

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, I had the camera up my nose and into my throat, and it really isn’t bad at all. I have silent reflux which they confirmed after the camera. I didn’t have any local during the procedure, it wasn’t painful at all and only took about two minutes to do, so don’t worry x
  • Posted

Hi there I haven't had one put in nose but had it phg down throat I didn't like it I gagged all the time it was in I'm sure the nose will be better 

• Posted

I had a gastroscopy done where it goes down your throat and was terrified. It luckily they gave me anaesthetic and it knocked me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.