Transvaginal scan shows lining of womb thick but blood test OK?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im a little confused and wondered if anyone has been through the same. I am 28 years old and have always had irregular periods. However i have has some treatment for CIN3 but past 3 years have all been normal. The past few moths however I have had some very odd symptoms siluch as bleeding for a day then stops. Lower back pain, pain during intercourse and blood stained discharge. Then recently I bleed heavily including clots(sorry) for over 4 weeks. The doctor had to prescribe medicine to help stop. I had all usual tests done to rule out infection which come back clear. I was refered for transvaginal scan and sonographer said he could not see any cysts on ovary (i was also diagnosed with PCOS) however the lining of my womb was thicker than it should be and wanted me refered to the gynocolgist. Same day i had blood test and called today which said blood levels all OK (hormone kevels were fine too) I have doctors on tuesday to chat but made the appt myself. I believe that i am waiting for an appointment to have a camera into the womb.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome. Im soo confussed. Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i also have a thickened womb with fibroids well in there, so they were unable to remove them during  a myomectomy. i took Esmya to shrink the fibroids before the op. have u had any surgery.
    • Posted

Hi, no ive had no surgery. The doctor initially requested the scan as she suspected fibroids or polyps but the scan didnt show any, only that the lining of my womb was thick.

Just want answers really so I will have to wait until tuesday I guess. Im never anygood at the waiting game

• Posted

Hi amzy,i feel your worry,take courage,dn't stress,it wil soon b ok we pray tht u get a good gyno.

My experience;i have fibroids n polyp n thick uterus,but many times i did ecography but no polyp ws seen until one time it showed on ecography at the same place i did it before..when i went another time to check if polyp r growing,the same ecography could not detect it,i ws told polyp r tiny n can only b seen immediately u finish periods u get ecography but not when u r ovulating.

I noticed tht my uterus thickness was caused by polyp,n its advisable to remove the.

I can't tell what your case is but i believe u wil get a gd dkt.

Xx

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, trying to remain positive and I appreciate you sharing your story

A x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.