Transviginal scan booked for tomorrow .

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies , well after have bleed since last Tuesday after m

removal of coil and smear test doctors weren't sure why this is happening been my age 57 and no bleed for 13 years , I'm booked in for a transviginal scan tomorrow , worried doesn't come need my feelings about the test its self and the results !! Advice please . 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne. transvaginal scan nothing to worry about - I've had a couple, you may get a bit of period type cramping that's all. if you can take them ,maybe take some ibuprofen just before you go. it only take about 5-7mins to do. did your test for infection come back with doctors yet? when i've had the scans before i make an ppointment for 2wks later with my doc - they usually have the results by then. please try not to worry, this is all normal procedure with any irreg bleeding (i had irreg bleeding for 2yrs until i started hrt hence the scans i had). As Alison said before, the irreg bleeding is quite likely related to your coil, but doc is right to go through normal procedures of checking things. xxx

• Posted

Hi, looloo43, no no tests results back yet , thanks for the info on the scan its tomorrow morning at 8-35 so over with early . 
  • Posted

Hi, Anne,

Looloo is correct.  The scan may be awkward, but the procedure should be painless and fast.  You have a good doctor who is being careful.

Best of luck to you, and let us know how you do!

• Posted

It will be a breeze I am 50 and I am in full menopause and last year to the month I spotted they did all the necessary tests and all came back ok and here I am again bleeding this time was like a period no hot flashes or nite sweats since the bleed ! They say this is common I know it's scary I'm right there with ya I goto the Obgyn Thursday and probably have to go through it all again ! Hope all goes well keep us informed ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.