Treating others whilst depressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

A family member has had some PTSD issues recently and I've been the primary family shrink! This has been exhausting to me so there are times when I disappear when I can.

However it's been clear that I have had terrible depression in the last few years and nobody ever tries to tackle it directly and help. Does any one else feel that people try and use more convenient explanations for it and skirt round it? It feels sometimes like I just want to shout I'm mentally ill, that's the big problem, not all this other nonsense!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah, at least one that is accredited. Pretty weird don't you think?
    • Posted

Maybe they have to cover themselves that way but pft i don't know, i thought it'd be an easier less trouble route for you to take.
  • Posted

Yeah, I'll let you know if I get anywhere Nick. Take it easy mate
    • Posted

My reply sucked Andrew, having a sh*te night sorry, pm the are you're in, i'll have a delve into docs on your behalf tomorrow, see who we can find. Nick.
    • Posted

Christ why was my previous answer moderated lol! Look i'm going pm you ok, Nick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.