Tremors and imbalance along with digestive issues

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since coming off hrt I have had terrible nausea and my legs are weak and shaky. Also my balance has gone. Anyone else have these symptoms?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi tracy i have that and im on no hrt

its scary as hell... i have it all the time.. makes me think i have MS ... which scares me even more 😦

hugs to you

• Posted

Yes to all of the above and I am not on HRT. I have tremors in my thumbs, I constantly feel off balance, lightheaded and often dizzy, tummy issues, jelly legs, neck pain, headaches, blurry vision, migraines, jaw pain. In fact I have almost all of the 66 peri symtoms and many of mine are constant! I think there are many women on here with the same which hopefully gives you some comfort.

• Posted

same here jen!! me! all that, all the time 😦

• Posted

Neck pain and lightheaded I hate this I would love to know why so many of us get this, is it hormones or muscle problems, my doctor said it wasnt related to perimenopause but it must be, how many ladies suffer with this ? x

• Posted

hi Tracey. i'm 3 yrs post meno and still have similar issue. i noticed again today in a supermarket, i felt as if my knees could go from under me, felt 'off balance' then anxious. im not on hrt just low dose prozac. the dizziness etc was terrible around the change, sertraline helped but input on so much weight that i switched to prozac, which i feel isnt high enough dose because the old unsteadiness is back!

meno also brought digestive issues for me...ibs/bloating, reflux, excessive gas & food sensitivities. it is a trying time!

• Posted

hi julie! do you sometimes feel as though when your standing in one spot that you feel like you're swaying back and forth?

• Posted

OMG! Pam...sorry to barge in but...the swaying thing is not your imagination!! I was outside with my dogs one night and saw my shadow moving slightly from side to side...then, made my kids and husband stand still...we all sway a little...gravity scientific stuff. I am always off balanced, so I tend to lean against walls, etc when standing.

• Posted

lou!!! please, barge in all you want!!! thank you for your input!!! the swaying thing and off balance is crazy!

• Posted

Hi Tracy, oh where do I start...yes to all. my nervous system is out of whack...migraines since peri have made me very sensitive. Funny, I started all my issues a month after stopping 20 years of birth control use. Stopping HRT could have been masking all the crap all along.

• Posted

Lou, my hormones definitely affect my nervous system too. I get a lot of tingling and dizziness along with all of my other weird migraine symptoms as you know. My symptoms went berserk after stopping the combined pill too, but I had only been on it 3 years, so after 20 I imagine there would have been hell to pay! My boss came off the pill after almost 30 years and no symptoms or issues whatsoever. Its amazing how some are so affected and others not at all. I've always had an issue with hormones though, during my teens and 20's I remember having really bad period cramps, terrible acne, oily hair and generally feeling crap during my periods.

• Posted

Interesting...I wonder if she just sailed through menopause while on pill. ..came off and was done. My ex Dr (same one that swore I had MS) ...told me to get off them at 40. I did not put up a fuss because my hubbie has a vasectomy anyways...I had no idea of the hormonal implications. I do not smoke, did not have the migraines at the time, overall was healthy...I have since learned that I could have stayed on them until at least 50. In hindsight, I should have been weaned off of them, just like any other drug. Or at least put on a lower dose. The sudden stop made my hormones do a nose dive...as the one I was taking had high estrogen.

• Posted

I know she had a few symptoms while on the pill which made it evident she was menopausal, but has been one of the lucky ones with very few issues and came off and she was done. The sudden drop in hormones obviously effects everyone differently. I am like you and am very sensitive to any hormonal changes and because they are going up and down so rapidly during peri we are pretty much symptomatic every day. Just not fair...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.