Tried and had enough now

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well I'm in a deep black state, worse I've ever been nothing seems to be working, I've tried everything.  I did email my psychiatrist yesterday who said that when I see her on Monday I should consider hospital,  Well I wont be around, have new prescription, loose ends squared away.  Thanks everyone for their support although my time on here was short and sweet!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

dg please don't do anything silly.  You say you have tried hospital so maybe this would help?  You have to give yourself chance to start to recover so please don't give up.  We are all here for you love and can all connect with how you are feeling.

I cope with suicidal urges by putting it off until the next day,  the next day comes and I repeat this.  Eventually the urge passes - believe me it does.  Make the decision that you will put this off until tomorrow and make it now.  Another day won't matter.  Stay with us.  You are not alone and we would miss you far too much if you left us.  Talk to me please.   Bev xx

• Posted

*should read - maybe you haven't tried hospotal so maybe this would help' 

• Posted

Please do not give up on yourself. You & your life are worth so much more than you realise. There is nothing you can't get through regardless of how you feel rn. IT IS TEMPORARY.

• Posted

Please stick around. I felt like that but therapy and medication got me happy and myself again. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, especially how you get on on Monday. I do hope you keep the appointment. When I started therapy the therapist got me to promise to stay around for the session the following week I promised. A couple of times in the following week I resented that promise. I kept the appointment and I am glad I did. I am happy now. I do rely on my medication and the better understanding that ten therapy sessions gave me.

Please keep in touch, with my best wishes

• Posted

I know what your saying. Every day of my life I think, give me the courage to do it. I have a call into my husband at work. I'm telling him I am going to visit a friend in another city. We can't get psychiatrists where we live. There are two. They see you once, hand out a prescription ('s) then your family doctor just refills them. No more trips to shrinks. I had a great one 5 years ago, and he was with me all the step of the way, through depression and when I finally went to him, I owned up to an eating disorder that had plagued since I was nine. I am 7 years free, but I eat to live. I hope you find some courage to call your doctor and give it to her/him straight. Last week, a young man 36 was suffering terribly from depression, He got up in the middle of the night, went to the hospital, they wouldn't see him, so he went to the place he works at, unlocked the doors and was found hanging by one of his employees. 

Doctors should not be allowed to play God with your life. Please, either go back right now to your hospital and tell them you need to be admitted.

• Posted

Oh yea, have them call your m.d.. My trip will cure me or kill me!
  • Posted

for the last few days I put it off, I didnt have the strength to tell my Psych yesterday that I had the tools and the means to do it now nor that I wouldnt keep the appt,  Anyway its all in progress - feel strantely at peace
    • Posted

Hello mate,

I know that sense of peace - staring your own mortality in the face and coming to terms with the thought that your struggle may soon be all over. Please please give life another chance. You have come this far so please consider the good advice you have been given. Take a breath, consider the pain of those you would leave behind. Go for a walk, clear your head. Ring or text a friend. I know it's difficult but life is still worth living. I struggle with the idea of suicide every single day. But like Bev, I put it off just one more day hoping that the next day will get better and there will be more light in my life. There are ups and downs but the light never goes out completely. We all support you and would miss you so much. We are all like family and when one of us hurts this much, the rest of us who care do feel that pain - I promise you we do. Talk to us please and don't leave us. x

• Posted

Hi I agree with the others.  Listen to Digsby - s/he know what they are talking about.  Your online family would miss you too much.  I have been upset all day thinking of you feeling so desperate.   Please get help and stay with us.  Bev x
  • Posted

Hello dg16,

No you don't. You have come this far so when you see her Monday go with your bags packed. It is by far the SAFEST place for you right now. You will get through this , just give this a go please. I said before hospitalization saved my life, it will yours if you give it a chance

• Posted

Call the NHS EMERGENCY LINE ON 111 Explain your concerns.

Get onto the A and E, and ask for a place of safety.

The Police can do the same.

When you consider there is an appointment on Monday, it is only a matter of days talk to your CPN

BOB

• Posted

Hi dg - suicide is not an option when all avenues have not been explored. Deryl has said it - go to see the psychiatrist with your bags packed and just become putty in their hands. Don't think about it. Don't fight it. Let them do as they are trained to do. Be open and honest with them - you have nothing left to lose. This step will open doors for you - you will be able to get referrals to professionals who will focus on getting you well and keeping you well. There will a space where you can talk deep and honestly and steps will be provided to help you climb back up to the sunshine. 

Keep us posted - we're here for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.