TRIGGERS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Girls, I notice when I have hot flash it comes on with any stupidness or  like if someone says oh there's a funeral I will break out hot or heart start racing or pounding is this normal..another thing I can't keep quiet at times anyone have it this way.

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes Maria, that's anxiety for sure I get that too, if someone says anything to do with funeral or hospital or someone has a sickness it all starts for me anxiety kicks in big time!! Even just watching the news can bring on my anxiety, and then takes a little while to settle back down.. If you don't remove yourself from the situation or get your mind onto something else all together, it will esculate into a panic attack, hard to breathe, awful times but we'll get through.. Take care ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes,  I get this all the time.  I can't listen to any bad news etc.  i started using an app for meditation  3 minutes of listening to this guy talk has made a huge difference.. don't think i can mention the name of the app, but I find it so relaxing  It teaches you how to breathe through anxious moments.  helps with this particular symptom anyway,  relaxing is so important.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I agree relaxation is very important, and I do listen to a lot of different meditation apps as well.. Maybe even the one your thinking of. Probably can't mention the name, so if you have a chance pm me the name and I will look him up, thanks and take care ?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I get the same as you Maria, I babble at times and other times quiet as a mouse, I also have enhanced sense of smell, I notice smells that sent there very weird, I also have the same song going round in my head for hours, the anxiety is the worst symptom for me x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I just got to where I can wear perfume again. I used to wear it everyday and had bottles and bottles of it. Then one day I couldn't stand the smell of any perfume. This went on for about a year. Now I can wear it again. Menopause is something isn't It? Like a crazy merry go round of symtoms.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

I am in menopause and although I’ve never really had a lot of hot flashes with sweating, I do get hot flashes where my entire body feels like it’s about 10 degrees above normal and this can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 min.  I don’t have them as frequently as I used to get them and even when I did get them it seemed like they would mostly occur during the night and I wouldn’t sleep well that night.  When this happens It is almost always followed by being very wiped out and low energy the next day.  When I get them during the day they are almost always triggered by anxiety, excitement and....unfortunately...chocolate.  I hopes this helps.🙂

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh yes. I can't listen to anything about death or sickness. Sets me off to worry about everything and and everybody. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up