TROUBLE BREATHING/CHEST PRESSURE/DIZZINESS/WEAKNESS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Trouble breathing/chest pressure/tightness from my chest down to the upper epic gastric area. Weakness in both arms/dizziness all day long and night. Heaviness feeling over my body. Any ideas? 9 weeks of symptoms. I cannot eat or drink enough water because it’s hard to swallow I feel a lot of suffocation on my throat like if my upper airway was closed. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

They just told me that I had to come in to get my thyroid checked. Similar symptoms.
  • Posted

Have you had a CTPA? I felt very similar before I was diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli. I couldn’t swallow properly, it felt like there was something at the bottom of my throat. I couldn’t take deep breaths, I was getting palpitations, my face was drained of all colour, I would get sweaty a lot and I had a suffocating feeling and a really unpleasant chest pain. I also had this pulling sensation inside like pulling my breath away, it is hard to explain! If you think this could be a possibility ask straight away for a d-dimer blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.