Trouble breathing/Chest tightness/Upper abdomen pain&pressure/Weakness in arms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 20 years old. I have been experiencing trouble breathing, chest tightness, tightness/pressure/pain from my upper abdomen basically my diaphragm down to above my belly button area. My rib cage feels tight around it and it radiates to the back. I have trouble inhaling and exhaling. My arms feel heavy. I feel weak, and I do get dizzy and at certain points nearly faint. The series of symptoms is constant all day. At certain points it can get worse.

BACKGROUND: HISTORY OF SINUS TACHYCARDIA BUT CLEAR OF HEART PROBLEMS, VERTIGO, SHORTNESS OF BREATH WITH DIAPHRAGM PAIN AND ABDOMINAL BLOATING BUT NEVER WENT TO THE DOCTOR TO CHECK FOR THIS PROBLEM ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ACID REFLUX.

MY LUNG FUNCTION TEST WAS HARD TO READ BECAUSE I COULD BARELY INHALE AND EXHALE WELL SINCE IM SO SHORT OT BREATH. MY NUMBERS SUCKED BUT HE SAID IM ONLY INHALING AND EXHALING A THIRD OF WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO AND I HAVE CLEAR CHEST&CT SCAN X RAYS. I ALSO HAD AN UPPER ENDOSCOPY DONE AND IT WAS CLEAR NEGATIVE.

WHAT COULD THIS BE?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey Wendy sorry to hear you are struggling ive got the air hunger too its 24/7 a need for a deep breath every 20 seconds for 8 straight months its Terrifying it convinces me im a dead man im afraid to be home by myself im just so afraid this is killing me the only that calms me down is talking to people who can relate i have the chest tightness its bad and the bloating amd the pains you name it the dizziness its scary ive been to 2 pulmonologist the pft amd spirometry was very hard to first test mild abnormality wasn't exhaling all my air second test was good nothing found wrong had every test youve had told its all in my head it scary i feel like im gonna die any day

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I am really sorry your doctors still haven't found out what is wrong. Did you see a neurologist?

Also have you had an abdominal ultrasound or abdominal CT?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.