Trouble Sleeping

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys. I made an appointment for therapy. They said they would call me back, so..fingers crossed! Where I'm at right now, it's 3:23 AM and I can't sleep.. I've been trying to sleep for almost 2 hour's now. Every time I try to close my eyes & just relax, my heart starts beating fast, I get a slight lump in my throat feeling, and my head/neck feels tingly. I also, get a panicky feeling. It's driving me crazy. This always happens when I need to be up at a certain hour.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

kayla the object of meditation is to take your focus away from the "now" it is the ability to relax and find the calm within your self this can be in silence, with relaxing music or what they call a guided meditation. what works best for me is the music at the moment as usually i can sit in the silence. it can take some doing initially (it took me a couple of months) but it does worth, also breathing techniques this will also encourage you to put your focus on your breathing helping to distract from the anxiety. Have you considered aromatherapy oils? lavender is excellant for helping you relax and sleep look up aromatherapy oils for stress and anxiety as quite a few can be used. I find them best used in the bath or wearing them bergamot and geranium are two of the ones I use. I must admit I did think even they wouldnt help as I am a believer in the holistic route because as you know once the anxiety kicks in your mind just goes into complete over drive. thank you for explaing about the lump in the throat as although I have suffered stress and anxiety over the years I havent had it to this degree Im in my early 50's now so as I am getting to the wrong side of life I think its excasebated my fears even more. I do know that im so glad I have found this forum because unless you have gone through what we do apart from the proffessionals in this field nobody can understand the torment we go through and this forum has really helped me.I dont know how assessible or cost wise it is to you but I spoke with a hypnotherapist yesterday who also goes into past lives and why we have these anxieties. I believe mine is definately deep rooted I have always been anxious going back to my early childhood and scared of my own shadow. sorry for the lenghty reply I hope I havent bored you my love I just want to help like every one does on here x

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestion on armoma oils. I'll definitely try that out. I'm also, interested in seeking the deep root of these anxieties. I lost my dad when I was 9, and my papa when I was 12. I'm only 18... I've always picked at the skin on my lips. I even pick at sores and pimples/blackheads. I have some major self esteem/OCD issues in my mind, too. I have Harm OCD. That I'm sure of. I hate this. All of it. Not to mention, I have to be up in a few hours, to start a job that I recently applied for. I'm scared I'll have an anxiety attack, or just be plain bad at it. At this place, you're expected to be really cheerful, fast & efficient, and pretty much be a perfectionist at preparing subs, all at the same time. BUT, there's tips and the pay is good. Wage here is $7.25, and I'm gonna be getting paid anywhere between $10.50 & $11.50 per hour. smile
  • Posted

You will be alright kayla . I've been through all of this and it does get better. Yes sometimes you might relapse and feel worse but just pray . 
  • Posted

UPDATE: I worked 8am to 3pm today, and I did pretty good. I'm very tired, considering I haven't worked, in a year, BUT that's okay. Thank goodness I already have 28 hour's for 1 week. I've got 8 day's of training within 2 work week's, so I'll have 56 hour's. Goody... Um, I'm still worried about working on the flat-top grill and using a deli slicer, because I've never used either one. Plus, I have to do it as fast & efficiently as possible. I work on Wednesday, so I have today (Tuesday) off. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.