Trouble thinking/trying to remember, fuzzy mind?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the past 8 days i've had terrible anxiety, first starting off with dry mouth(it's gone now) to thinking I was going insane(not anymore) to now feeling that it's tough to think and remember things from even the same day, although I can list out what i've done the past week since last friday perfectly with no issue to others, when I'm alone I start to have trouble thinking and I get anxious and think it's a tumor or something, I know it isn't but it creeps me out. My Psychiatrist told me to wait for about 4-6 weeks until it goes away and other anxiety symptoms go away as that's how long it takes for effexor to really do it's work, I had also gotten a blood test taken, I'm in outstanding health according to that and I went to the doctor and the doctor said without a shadow of a doubt it's the anxiety. However i'm still worried, i'm going to see a counselor on the 28th of April but I just want the hellish thoughts to end. It's ruining my enjoyment in life. 

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

What happend that first day that you got terrible anxiety?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Did this happen before or after you took medicación?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Long story short I had gotten off my Effexor cold turkey the month before no problem, then last Friday I was randomly triggered by something, caused the attack, jumped back on my 150mg of effexor and the dry mouth started. The forgetfullnes and fogginess only started to come on Thursday after about 5 days of very little sleep and constant worry.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Did your doctor tell you to stop taking it? Or you decided you felt better? And yeah the side effects the first couple days are the worst i remember i couldnt focus much and in the morning felt like i wasnt me like out of it if you know what i mean? And just super anxious all the time
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nah, I was an idiot and thought I was doing better, obviously I wasn't. And yeah I know what you mean, right now i'm just writing down what I remember to remind myself i'm fine and also passing time by going out more and playing video games. It just sucks that I need to wait for 4-6 weeks, I'm pretty impatient, but I have no say in how the meds work, sadly!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That suck you should have talked about it first with your doctor but i mean if it worked for you once already it will work again... Im the same i just want to feel good already but have to wait weeks but everyone body is different maybe you might feel better sooner than you think! Just keep you head high and do whatever you have to to get through the days and just keep reminding yourself it will get better cause this wont last forever trust me ive been there and got out and i didnt even use meds and all that happen in a couple of months
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Your welcome! Everyone thats on here has been through what you have and you dont read much of people coming out on top but thats because when you get better you forget about all this and you move on, wish you the best and goodluck on getting better!!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Listen to you doc.

Your therapy appointment will be here before you know it

Hang in there

Stay stronglol

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, airforce:  I have a doctor for pain (pain clinic), a general practicianer, and a psychiatrist....Each one tells me something different regarding my depression/anxiety...My regular doctor said I was over medicated and told me to cut of of my two cymbalta's out, and one of my Xanax's out.  I'm not making that mistake again.  Within one week, my depression was so bad that I developed agoraphobia....I am now in the process of starting the other two med back up, but it takes about a week to feel the difference...Don't ever try to cut back meds you've been on for 30 yrs. or quit cold turkey.  You will be sorry that you did...I am so tired of fighting depression and anxiety my entire life, but I am so thankful that there is something I can take for it...Hang in there sweetie....HUGS.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Most meds will dry out your mouth, I take xanax now and again when it gets really bad, and it is always instant dry mouth.  It also makes me forgetful, dizzy, and lightheaded.  I hear my stomach medicine side effects offer the same symptoms too.  (Acid/reflux, courtesy of anxiety)  Try not to overthink it, and stay off of websites that tell you what your symptoms "could be" that makes it worse.

Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've been having trouble thinking straight. I'll go into a room and forget what I was about to do or say. Now, I know a lot of people have that happen, here & there, but this happens, for half of my day now. I'll forget the date, what time I went to bed, etc. It's awful. sad
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up