Troubling living a normal life

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sometimes I have trouble thinking about if I'll ever live a normal life again. It's hard to explain and the thought only pops into my head for a second makes me anxious then goes away. Does anyone else feel this way? Like life is just going to be a burden for the rest of their life?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way. It's hard for me to go out in public and just see people live a normal life and not have to worry. When I'm the other hand there's me who suffers from horrible health anxiety and thinks I'm about to drop dead or have some type of cancer that doctors can't find it won't find because they don't think the tests are necessary. It's tough and I can't remember the last time I lived a normal life. It's hard but everyone keeps telling me that it takes time. We can get through this one day at a time
    • Posted

Yeah... My eyes seems to bother me for no apparent reason and I was just in the store and thought 'this is going to be a painfully long life' and it scared me because I want to be happy and normal and anxiety free.
  • Posted

Daniel,

Anxiety and depression and probably most mental illnesses all leave us with that thought. "Will I ever be normal?", trouble is for most of us we do not know what normal is. What we do know is that sometimes knowing we have been ill can stop us from appreciating that "normal" does not mean stress free. I have learned to accept my anxiety as a guide, it helps me realise when my thinking about something is wrong. Or that I am thinking about things that I have yet to face. By listening to it, I remember to pause, breath, feel the life around me and ground myself. I have good days, I have bad days, this is my "normal".David

• Posted

Yep! I've often had a brief moment of anxiety thinking 'so is this it, for life now?' or something worse, like 'what if I can't find the strength to live with it in future?'... Every day with a mental health condition is a victory, anxiety is a massive pain, and people who don't have a disorder will never understand what it can do. Stay strong my friend! You are one of many many people who fear they may never live a normal life in future, myself included, but I keep positive, life will be full of awesome moments, most of which will outweigh the bad, you've nothing to fear smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.