Truly how long is gallbladder surgery recovery and when do the symptoms leave?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Ok so I got my gallbladder removed in august and it's now November and I'm still not feeling good 😣. I feel fullness after I eat and feel sick. Nauseous most of the time. Whenever it goes away I try to eat but its never much as I get full so quick. What is it with this damn fullness/pressure in my stomach?! Do any one of you feel or felt like this? Also I'm not sure how to explain it but I have this weird pain when I press on my abdomen on the right side ish of my belly button. I mean if i had an infection i would know but I see no signs of that. What might be bothering my in my stomach now and what is causing these symptoms if I have no gallbladder? I can't even go to the doctor as I have no insurance currently ugh any help would be great guys.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Really sounds like you should take the advice above and take Probiotics! I started taking probiotics and multivitamin everyday after my surgery and was eating normal day 4. You may have bad bacteria built up from antibiotics during surgery and they thrive off the smallest amounts of sugar and then make it hard for good bacteria to flourish. It's like a war zone in your stomach against the good and the bad bacteria. Probiotics adds the good bacteria and helps balance it back out.

• Posted

Thanks for the info Amanda! Which probiotics do you take and recommend? Will they give me no side effects? I'm just scared to take them as I already feel bad and don't want to feel worse sad

• Posted

Oh also I have these gummy multivitamin but I'm not sure if they're the best ones out there. Which do you recommend for those as well?

• Posted

Sorry for asking so many questions sad I forgot to ask, do you think in around 4 days I'll start feeling a little better like you? I know the probiotics might not work right away which is why I'm asking smile. And now that I remember, I don't think I was given antibiotic during surgery or after. All I got was anti nausea medication! Which was great because I'm scared to barf lol. I forgot to mention, a week or two after surgery I was fine then after that is when I started feeling bad again. Not sure why? Do you also happen to take the probiotic and multivitamin once a day and together or if not, how?

• Posted

Had mine out 34 days ago.

​Textbook recovery.

20 hours painkillers

9 days discomfort round wounds

no infection

bloating/feeling full (moderate ) for two weeks

Normal diet after a few days.

Driving 5 days

Back to Officework 48 hours (from home)

shopping bag day three

​Golf 18 holes 4.5 weeks

Back to gym in new year (12 days time)

​blogs only seem to get the few who have problems.

IT USUALLY GOES WELL.

• Posted

Hi

I currently have the same problem you reported in your query. Hopefully you are better now. 

How long did it take for those symptoms to be relieved? Or did they ever?

De

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.