TRY TO FIND OUT HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S STRESS OR ANXIETY HEADACHE

Posted , 3 users are following.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME LAST NIGHT I WAS SLEEP AND I WAS WOKE BY MY HEAD THROBBING AND I ACTUALLY WENT BACK TO SLEEP ON IT AND I ACTUALLY FELT MY HEAD THROBBING AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW IS THIS NORMAL AND I ALSO WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ANXIETY SO CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ANSWER

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Takela

This is a tricky one to nail down with the information you've provided, but perhaps we can narrow it down.

Some extra information will help people replying to give more accurate advice, so, could you clarify some or all of the following?

What kind of day did you have yesterday? Were you feeling fine when you went to bed? Had you had anything alcoholic to drink, or any spicy food shortly before bedtime? Did you go to bed at your usual time, or had you stayed up late? Is this the first time it has happened, or have you experienced it before? When you woke up after going back to sleep, was your head still throbbing, or had it stopped? Either way, setting aside your concern, how have you been feeling generally throughout today?

Finally, do you have any history of problems with anxiety, or is anything in particular causing you worry at the moment?

Don't answer anything too personally or anything you feel uncomfortable with, but perhaps we can help you better with a little more information.

I hope the above serves as a useful guide and very much hope that you are feeling better.

My best wishes. :-)

• Posted

WHEN I WENT TO SLEEP I WAS FINE AND I DO SUFFER FROM ANXIETY AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENS AND WEB I FELT THE THROBBING I WAS ASLEEP SO REALLY I SLEPT THROUGH IT AND I AM KINDA THROUGH SOMETHING I JUST NEED ADVICE CAUSE I'M SCARED AND IS THIS NORMAL FOR PEOPLE WHO GOING THROUGH ANXIETY
    • Posted

Firstly make sure your breathing us under control even if you may not be aware it has changed. Believe it or not this simple thing cab effect your body in many ways physically.I experienced this before however. It could be down to something such as lack of water. That it what your body is significantly made up of. With our busy days we cab get carried away. Mine was due to stress and lack of sleep. Has this symptom worn off now?

Jenna smile

• Posted

Hi.

If you suffer from anxiety, then you may already know that the effect it has on the brain. in particular the adrenal glands and and triggering the fear hormone centres in the brain, can produce such a vast array of symptoms, the list is almost endless.

nobody experiences all of them, because there are just too many, but some people will experience a few, and some a lot. Anxiety can cause a relaxed person with no particular worries to suddenly feel restless or ill-at-ease for no apparent reason. Or, it can trigger a full blown panic attack with mental and physical feelings so dramatic and intense that people are quoted as saying "I thought I was going to die". Yet nothing 'physical' was causing such drama. The body is reacting seveely to what is going on in your head.

On these forums you will read of people who feel the strangest things. Lumps that don't exist. Pain when there is nothing to cause it. Conviced they have a morbid disease when physically they are perfectly healthy.

If you have experienced it before, did you also suffer with your anxiety the first time it happened. If you didn't, did you consult a Doctor for advice or report the symptoms to him/her?

If you didn't, then it is always a good idea to mention to your GP any new or unexplained symptom that is causing you concern. It is very likely that you have been disturbed in your sleep by your thoughts or dreams and this may have resulted in the symptoms you describe, but if you have not already done so, you have nothing to lose y having a five minute chat with your Doctor.

I believe that if this were something sinister, you would have experienced other symptoms, particularly because the throbbing sensation was in your head. Finally, the fact that you are "scared" will not only make it worse, but increase the likeliehood of it happening again, so seek out some expert advice, and in the meantime, just keep re-assuring yourself that nothing terrible is hapening to you, and it is just your mind playing tricks on you which is what anxiety does best.

I hope you manage to stay calm and get some sleep tonight.

My very best wishes.  :-)

• Posted

SO WAT YOU ACTUALLY SAYING IS THAT THE THROBBING THAT I'M IS REALLY IN MY HEAD
    • Posted

Nobody can know for sure we would be guessing if we tried, call your surgery and book a GP app
    • Posted

OK I HAD A CT SCAN DONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND EVERY THING WAS FINE AND I THOUGHT THAT'S WAT HE MEAN THAT IT CAN BE ANXIETY AND IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD CAN YOUR HEAD THROBBING FROM YOUR HEADACHES
  • Posted

Hi.

If it's any consolation, not that long ago, I too kept waking with really bad headaches. The pain was bad enough to rouse me from sleep and made me feel very nauseous. Turned  out to be  sinusitis. Think a visit to GP might be an idea. It could be  something as simple a that. Anxiety turns everything into something  we feel could be more sinister. 

• Posted

Hi.

If it's any consolation, not that long ago, I too kept waking with really bad headaches. The pain was bad enough to rouse me from sleep and made me feel very nauseous. Turned  out to be  sinusitis. Think a visit to GP might be an idea. It could be  something as simple a that. Anxiety turns everything into something  we feel could be more sinister. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.